Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UPR3079-MAROVI-008
Workplace : ORLEANS
Date of publication : Monday, February 08, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Technical / Administrative
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 15 April 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : between 2437 et 2979 € gross/month), following official CNRS grids upon the experience of the candidates
Desired level of education : Engineer
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
At CNRS - Laboratory "Conditions Extrêmes et Matériaux : Haute température et irradiation d'Orléans - CEMHTI (UPR 3079), the team POR2E hires an engineer on the topic of advanced processes for water treatment based on coupling adsorption on porous carbons and photocatalysis.
This project is funded by the European Union through the H2020 program (Grant Agreement 776816, Project Ô). This project is an Innovation Action funded by the H2020 program in collaboration with 22 international partners (industry and academy). The project intends to demonstrate approaches and technologies to drive an integrated and symbiotic use of water within a specific area, putting together the needs of different users and waste water producers, involving regulators, service providers, civil society, industry and agriculture. The research objectives of the project focus on integrating various advanced oxidation processes through their implementation in demonstration sites in Europe and in Israel. The specific objectives of this contract focus on coupling of adsorption technology based on carbon materials with photochemical approaches for an advanced water treatment, inducing self-regeneration of the spent adsorbent/catalyst.
The candidate is expected to:
• To develop and build-up a dispositive for coupling adsorption and photocatalysis applied to water treatment and regeneration of the catalysts.
• To optimize an adequate methodology for testing nanoporous carbons as adsorbents and catalysts in the coupled adsorption and photocatalysis.
• To investigate the performance of different carbon-based adsorbents and catalsts for the removal and degradation of emergent pollutants
• To investigate the photocatalytic regeneration of the spent adsorbents/catalysts/materials.
• To analyze the waters before and after the developed treatment
• To characterize the catalysts and adsorbents pre- and post- process.
• To be able of working highly autonomous, to produce independent and original research in the area and to interpret data
• To interact with other members of the group, collaborators and project partners.
• To participate in dissemination activities (workshops, conferences, publications).
• To participate in the writing of scientific publications, reports, and other technical documents
The candidate should have:
• A PhD in chemical engineering, chemistry or any closely related discipline (catalysis, materials science).
• Strong skills in materials science, adsorption and techniques for the characterization of materials.
• Experience in water treatment will be strongly appreciated.
• Capacity to generate independent work autonomously, to interpret data and to comply with duties in due time.
• Show aptitude for the development of devices and experimental procedures
• Participate in the dissemination and communication activities (workshops, conferences and publications, etc.) with peers of the research topic and members of the team and other members of the group
• Capacity to use software tools necessary for data treatment and equipment's use.
• Capacity to participate in the writing of scientific publications, reports and other technical documents (English mostly).
• Aptitudes of team work and good communication skills
• Knowledge and capacity to apply and follow security practices at work.
• Excellent communication skills in English (knowledge on other language will be appreciated) to present the outcome of the project in meetings and other dissemination actions.
POR2E "Nanoporous Materials for Energy and Environment » is a multidisciplinary group settled at CEMHTI (Centre Conditions Extremes Materiaux: Haute Temperature et Irradiation) in Orléans (France).
CEMHTI is an intramural research unit (UPR3079) of CNRS, ascribed to the Institute of Chemistry and in partnership with University of Orléans, with about 100 people. Current research interests encompass research on advanced nanostructured materials applied in fields strongly linked to current major societal challenges such as energy storage and conversion, environment, sustainable development, and health.
The recruited researcher will be attached to POR2E group in CEMHTI, working with the Head of the Group.
POR2E group has distinctive research strengths in the design, characterization and testing of nanoporous materials with controlled pore architectures and functionalization, applied in gas sensing, energy storage and conversion, and environmental protection. Our research activities are supported by the European Research Council through an ERC-Consolidator Grant, the European H2020 program and Region Centre Val de Loire (France). The candidate will have the opportunity to work in a world-leading research group and to attend many career development workshops, seminar and conferences as part of his/her activities.
Constraints and risks
"The starting date of the contract is likely to be changed given the current health situation in France linked to the Covid-19 pandemic.
We talk about it on Twitter!