Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UPR3021-ISAZOL-035
Workplace : ORLEANS
Date of publication : Wednesday, January 13, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 8 months
Expected date of employment : 1 May 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Between 2648 € and 4182 € gross monthly depending on experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
At the CNRS, located on the CNRS campus in Orleans, at the ICARE UPR3021 laboratory, the candidate will be in charge of conducting experimental work on the combustion of metallic particles. More specifically, the aim is to study the mechanisms of combustion of an aluminum particle in a water vapor atmosphere.
The research work that will be carried out in the laboratory concerns the characterization of the combustion of a micrometric aluminum particle in a water vapor atmosphere.
The project is essentially experimental:
- A first part consists of conducting experiments in a dedicated experimental device equipped with an original electrostatic levitation system that allows isolating a single aluminum particle. The combustion of this particle is then initiated by a laser.
- The second part consists in analyzing the data collected during this experiment. These data are mainly high-speed video sequences, which will have to be processed by image analysis.
The candidate will have to conduct the combustion experiments in the facilities of the "Combustion and Turbulence" team of the ICARE laboratory, carry out the data processing and analysis, and write the experiment reports and publications.
The candidate must have :
- A Ph.D. in Combustion or Energy or Chemistry-Physics of reactive systems.
- A solid knowledge of combustion, and/or energetics, and/or chemical combustion kinetics, and/or reactive fluid dynamics.
- Skills in scientific numerical tools desired: Matlab, Fluent
- Desired skills in numerical combustion tools: Chemkin, Cantera
- Ability to work in a team environment on multidisciplinary projects
- Editorial capacity: Synthesis reports, publications in international journals and in international conferences
The research project is conducted in collaboration with the ArianeGroup. The research work will be carried out at the ICARE laboratory, a CNRS unit of its own in Orleans, in the "Combustion & Turbulence" team.
This study will be carried out in a unique experimental installation: an electrostatic levitator, installed in a heated high-pressure chamber. This installation is equipped with numerous diagnostics: photomultipliers, a rapid imaging system, a fiber spectrometer, temperature sensors.
Constraints and risks
- Short-term travel to France for progress meetings
- Traveling abroad to present work at international conferences
A recommendation letter should be provided by the candidate.
We talk about it on Twitter!