Intitulé de l'offre : Research Fellow: Neurophysics and neuroengineering (M/W) (H/F)
Référence : UPR2940-ELOBER-082
Nombre de Postes : 1
Lieu de travail : GRENOBLE
Date de publication : vendredi 12 mai 2023
Type de contrat : CDD Scientifique
Durée du contrat : 12 mois
Date d'embauche prévue : 1 juillet 2023
Quotité de travail : Temps complet
Rémunération : Between 2805.35 € and 3224.81 € gross salary according to experience
Niveau d'études souhaité : Niveau 8 - (Doctorat)
Expérience souhaitée : 1 à 4 années
Section(s) CN : Molecular and cellular neurobiology, neurophysiology
The main challenge of neural interfaces is to sample down to the millisecond the electrical activity of the same neurons for days and weeks. We have shown that the graphene-based biosensors we will develop are both highly sensitive, biocompatible, and combinable with conventional brain imaging techniques, making them excellent candidates for brain-machine interfaces (BCIs) and lab-on-chip in general. The technology is now mature to implement them in bi-directional neural interfaces and further investigate information processing by neuron networks.
We are looking for a motivated scientist (M/F) with experience in electrophysiology and/or brain-machine interface in order to probe neural networks interfaced with most advanced graphene nanoelectronics.
- In-vitro primary neuron culture
- Optimization of a controlled stimulation with optogenetic tools
- Multimodal acquisition of unit activity (patch clamp, optogenetics, multi-channel unit recording, micro-electrode/transistors)
- Characterization of structural maturation by microscopy and immuno-fluorescent labeling
- Signal analysis and processing in python (spike sorting, raster plot, cross-correlation, activity pattern recognition)
- Bibliographic monitoring, writing of scientific articles and participation in international conferences
- Editing and writing projects to respond to European projects
- Mastering techniques and fundamentals in neuroelectrophysiology and/or brain-machine interface
- At least one publication, or pre-publication, as first author
- PhD in neuroscience or related field (physiology, cell biology, functional imaging)
- Good experimental skills in recording unitary spikes by patch clamp and/or microelectrodes
- Programming skills (Python or similar language)
- Scientific curiosity
- Ability to work in a team on interdisciplinary subjects and meet deadlines for deliverables
- English level B2 according to the common European framework of reference for languages
Contexte de travail
The Institut NÉEL is a research unit of the CNRS (UPR2940) under agreement with the University of Grenoble Alpes. It is one of the largest French research institutes for fundamental research in condensed matter, enriched by interdisciplinary activities at the interface of chemistry, engineering and biology. It employs 450 people including 175 researchers.
We are located on the CNRS Campus in Grenoble, at the center of a unique scientific, industrial and cultural environment, in the heart of the French Alps.
The candidate will be welcomed within the Néel Institute in the Thermodynamics and Biophysics of small systems team on a competitive project in the field of neuro-technologies and in particular on the implementation of the next generation of neural interfaces. The group dedicated to this project is made up of a researcher and two permanent engineers and a thesis student, all very enthusiastic and contributing in a very dynamic way to the emergence of these new tools with a strong societal impact in the field of health.
The position is funded by an ANR grant (Nanomesh). Candidates will be able to apply for a competitive personal scholarship (HFSP, FRM, Marie-Sklodowska Curie, etc.).
The position is located in a sector covered by the protection of scientific and technical potential (PPST), and therefore requires, in accordance with the regulations, that your arrival be authorized by the competent authority of the MESR.
Le poste se situe dans un secteur relevant de la protection du potentiel scientifique et technique (PPST), et nécessite donc, conformément à la réglementation, que votre arrivée soit autorisée par l'autorité compétente du MESR.
Candidates must send their curriculum vitae, a cover letter, representative publications, as well as the names and contact details of two referees who can comment on their academic background and who have agreed to be contacted.
The position is available from June 2023 with an initial appointment of 12 months extendable up to 24 months. The start date is flexible and applications will be considered until the position is filled.