Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UPR2940-ELOBER-038
Workplace : GRENOBLE
Date of publication : Tuesday, January 05, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 24 months
Expected date of employment : 1 March 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 3768.24 € gross salary
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The aim of the project is to conduct operando XAS analysis at the beamlines FAME and FAME-UHD of the European Synchrotron Radiation Facility (ESRF/Grenoble), and to analyze the results and draw structure-activity relationships. The researcher will have solid support and collaboration by scientists from Neel institute in France and the KAUST Catalysis Center in Saudi Arabia.
- Carry out experiments on CRG/FAME and FAME-UHD beamlines at ESRF. He/she ensures the preparation of the experiment, alignment of the optics, installation of the experimental devices, follow-up of the experiment, data analysis.
- Design, develop and operate complex experimental devices. The aim is to develop the sample environments (catalytic reactor, electrochemical cell ...), and the associated fluorescence detection systems (analyzer crystals, solid detector).
- Ensure the development of the instruments, in particular their adaptation to the experimental problems and constraints of the scientific project.
- Interpret the results of X-ray absorption experiments (XANES, EXAFS).
- Ensure the dissemination and valorization of the results of the line in the form of technical reports, publications, oral presentations.
- Strong knowledge in Physics and Chemistry of Materials, particularly in X-ray spectroscopy applied to Chemical Sciences.
- Knowledge of technological and scientific communities in Chemical Materials Science.
- Experience in project or contract management of research projects or contracts in materials chemistry
- Experience in the development of experimental devices in situ or operando in the field of chemical sciences - Strong operational expertise in related techniques: electron microscopy (HRTEM, EELS/EDX ...), spectroscopic methods (Raman, UV-VIS, ...)
- Know how to collaborate for expertise purposes with other laboratories in the field of chemistry.
- English language: level B2 (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages): use of technical English in written and oral communication.
- A PhD in chemical sciences would be a plus.
The researcher will be affected to the Institut Néel, a CNRS laboratory for fundamental research in condensed matter physics, in association with the University of Grenoble-Alpes. About 450 people work there. In the heart of the Alps, the laboratory is located in Grenoble, in a very rich international scientific environment, hosting important research institutions and technological companies.
He/she will work directly within the team in charge of the national beamlines FAME and FAME-UHD located on the scientific polygon at ESRF, which has recently developed particularly efficient instruments, especially in terms of speciation, and which are in great demand by users in French and international laboratories. This team is composed of a research director, a research manager, three research engineers and two assistant engineers, not to mention the researchers from Grenoble's laboratories, who are punctually "local contact". The researcher will be under the responsibility of the person in charge of the two beamlines.
We talk about it on Twitter!