Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UPR2940-CHRMAR1-001
Workplace : GRENOBLE,GRENOBLE
Date of publication : Thursday, October 01, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Technical / Administrative
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 January 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Between 2437.62 € and 2616.16 € gross salary according to experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
Within the "Cryogenics" pole of the NEEL Institute laboratory and in collaboration with the TPS (Thermodynamics of Small Systems) and UBT (Ultra-Low Temperatures) teams, the engineer will design and produce thin film thermometers based on niobium nitride (NbN). NbN thermometers are deposited by magnetron sputtering on a silicon substrate. It is a resistive thermometry which uses the variation of the resistance of thin films in temperature (Mott-Anderson transition). The candidate will develop the microfabrication processes suitable for the development of these new generic thermometers, having a unique sensitivity, covering low temperatures to ambient (for the moment 30 mK-300K). A specific development will be done to extend their operating range below 20 mK. The candidate will also have an active participation in the calibration of these thermometers on the thermometry platform of the Cryogenics pole.
The objective is to develop high-performance thermometers in order to prepare the marketing phases that will be carried out within the Cryoconcept company (a subsidiary of Air Liquide Advanced Technologies). A contract extension of one year (and more) at Cryoconcept is being considered.
- Design and manufacture innovative cryogenic thermometers for industrial use
- Perform simple thermal models associated with these NbN thermometers on Si
- Participate in the proper functioning of the equipment of the platforms concerned (calibration cryostat, deposition by sputtering magnetron)
-Train permanent and non-permanent users of the platform and make them aware of safety instructions
- Set up the industrialization and valuation of devices with Cryoconcept Cie
- Skills in micro-manufacturing technologies
- Knowledge of the operating rules of a clean room
- Notions of cryogenics at very low temperatures
- Sensitivity to industrial valuation issues
- Communicate in English (level 2)
- Knowledge and mastery of thermal modeling software such as COMSOL will be appreciated
This one-year fixed-term contract, with the possibility of extension by a CDI at Cryoconcept, is part of the EMP European Cryogenic platform project funded by the FP8 from 2019 to 2024.
The Institut NÉEL is one of the largest French national research institutes for fundamental research in condensed matter physics. It consists of 450 employees, including 175 researchers. It is located in the heart of a unique scientific, industrial and cultural environment, right next to the French Alpes.
Constraints and risks
The engineer will have to handle cryogenic fluids.
The expected date of employment is January 1, 2021, but the position may be filled on another date depending on the successful candidate.
The candidate must hold a level I degree in doctor or engineer appearing on the list of similar establishments (see decree of 24/02/2011 establishing the list of schools authorized to issue an engineer title).
We talk about it on Twitter!