Intitulé de l'offre : Post-doctorate in medicinal chemistry M/W (H/F)
Référence : UPR2301-CATGUI-004
Nombre de Postes : 1
Lieu de travail : GIF SUR YVETTE
Date de publication : samedi 18 novembre 2023
Type de contrat : CDD Scientifique
Durée du contrat : 12 mois
Date d'embauche prévue : 1 février 2024
Quotité de travail : Temps complet
Rémunération : Between €2992,93 and €4204,22 gross per month depending on experience
Niveau d'études souhaité : Niveau 8 - (Doctorat)
Expérience souhaitée : 1 à 4 années
Section(s) CN : Chemistry of and for life: design and properties of molecules of biological interest
A post-doctoral contract is offered to study drug candidates that modulate the action of molecular motors involved in cancer. This contract is funded by a CNRS grant. It involves two teams that have been collaborating for many years: the "design, synthesis and evaluation of molecules of therapeutic interest" team led by Catherine Guillou (ICSN/CNRS UPR2301) and the "structural motility" team led by Anne Houdusse (Institut Curie/CNRS UMR144). The candidate will be part of an interdisciplinary project involving chemistry, biology and structural studies. https://icsn.cnrs.fr/recherche/sncm/conception-synthese-et-evaluation-de-molecules-dinteret-therapeutique https://science.institut-curie.org/research/multiscale-physics-biology-chemistry/umr144-subcellular-structure-and-cellular-dynamics/team-houdusse/
Design, synthesis and characterization of new bioactive compounds
Written and oral presentation of results
- Solid background in organic chemistry
- Strong motivation, a creative mind and the ability to work in a multidisciplinary
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of medicinal chemistry and biological chemistry would be appreciated.
- Good level of scientific English (read, spoken and written).
Contexte de travail
The work will be carried out in Catherine Guillou's group at the Institut de chimie des substances naturelles (ICSN). The ICSN is a multi-disciplinary research center with 150 staff and four research departments: Chemistry of Natural Substances and Medicinal Chemistry, Organic Synthesis and Catalytic Methods, Chemobiology, Structural and Analytical Chemistry and Biology. ICSN has major analytical platforms. You will be expected to respect the strict confidentiality of the work to which you contribute.
To carry out your mission, you will have access to the following laboratory equipment:
- Flash chromatography, analytical and preparative HPLC, UHPLC/MS/MS, centrifugal evaporators, vacuum pumps and routine laboratory equipment.
- Structural analysis equipment: mass spectrometers, NMR, UV, IR, circular dichroism and polarimeter.
Contraintes et risques
Risks associated with chemical laboratory activity