Reference : UPR22-DORCON-001
Nombre de Postes : 1
Workplace : STRASBOURG
Date of publication : Wednesday, January 25, 2023
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 18 months
Expected date of employment : 1 April 2023
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : starting at 2200 € net per month
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
Fabrication of nonlinear metasurfaces
- fabrication of the metasurfaces by deposition of polymer multilayers and gold nanoparticles
- characterization of the prepared systems by optical techniques and by scanning electron microscopy
- experimental PhD in chemistry, physics or materials science.
- general experience in benchtop physics and chemistry work.
- esprit d'initiative et aptitude pour le travail en équipe.
- prior experience with polymers or metal nanoparticles is not mandatory but would be an advantage.
The Charles Sadron Institute is a research unit of the CNRS specialzed in the study of polymers. The researcher will be hosted by the PECMAT team (for PolyElectrolytes, Complexes and MATerials), which studies a large variety of hybrid materials, and will work within the METATRAP (METAsurfaces via optical TRAPs) project, financed by the ANR in 2022, which also involves a team in Lyon and another one in Orsay. The overall goal of the project is to use novel gold nanoparticles as second harmonic generators in order to fabricate static and dynamic nonlinear metasurfaces.
Constraints and risks
No particular constraints
We talk about it on Twitter!