Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMS3360-PETMOO-001
Workplace : PAU
Date of publication : Wednesday, January 30, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Technical / Administrative
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 April 2019
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 2399.48 à 2586.30€ gross per month depending on experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The research engineer (M/F) will be responsible for the design and implementation of a material characterization protocol combining X-ray tomography (morphological characterization) and mass spectrometry (SIMS, chemical characterization).
As a research engineer (M/F) your main activities will involve the design, implementation, validation and the application of a new protocol for material characterization.
- combining two experimental techniques (x-ray tomography and Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry) in order to characterize the nature and the properties of the studied material
- performing and/or supervising experiments, processing experimental data, and interpreting the results in relation to the objectives of research
- working in close collaboration with other laboratories or with companies
- disseminating and valorising results in the form of technical reports, publications or communications
Other secondary activities are required such as:
- Transmitting skills by providing training to others
- Creating awareness about the risks associated with the use of certain experimental techniques and products and enforce application of the safety rules
Excellent background in material science and/or experimental physics.
- X-ray tomography
- Image processing (software such as Fiji, Aviso, Dragonfly or equivalent)
- Data analysis (based on matlab, python or equivalent)
- Knowledge of SIMS and sample preparation for SIMS is an asset.
- Material characterization techniques
- Notions on the organisation of the higher education and public research sector
- Writing and communication skills
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of French is an asset.
- Ability to work in a team,
- Ability to work autonomously,
- Taste for project management,
- Ability to develop and advance preparation and acquisition protocols.
The research engineer (M/F) will be integrated in UMS 3360 DMEX, a laboratory in the field of X-ray imaging (https://imagingcenter.univ-pau.fr/). DMEX is a service unit attached to the IPRA research federation, a member of the Carnot Institute ISIFoR, and a privileged partner of the Chair of Excellence on x-ray imaging. The main goal of DMEX is to meet the needs of industry and academia in terms of high-resolution 3D imaging. In November 2017, DMEX received the ISO9001:2015 certification for its activities in the field of imaging x-ray. To date, we are the only joint UPPA-CNRS laboratory that was awarded this certificate. In 2018, DMEX and its partners took the initiative to join forces and to launch the IXIA characterization platform. The Région Nouvelle Aquitaine, the UPPA and a number of socio-economic partners, will jointly invest 1.2M€ to realize IXIA. IXIA's main goal will be to combine the most advanced characterization techniques, in order to achieve a comprehensive physico-chemical analysis at all scales and for all types of materials. The research engineer (M/F) will play a central role in the realization of the IXIA project.
We talk about it on Twitter!