Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMS2700-CLAGAC-003
Workplace : PARIS 05
Date of publication : Monday, July 19, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Technical / Administrative
Contract Period : 4 months
Expected date of employment : 1 September 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Monthly gross salary: from EUR 2151 to 2578, according to qualification (BSc to MSc) and experience
Desired level of education : 3-year university degree
Experience required : Indifferent
To ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the Facility for Molecular Systematics. To develop and formalise procedures that enable user access to novel equipment and enable novel experimentations. To mentor and train new users towards the implementation of protocols. To realise experimentations shared between users.
1. (Principal) To contribute to the day-to-day running of the Facility. In collaboration with the team, to ensure the daily planning of users, compliance with health and safety rules. To monitor and resupply stocks, to monitor user consumption and financial status of their projects.
2. (Principal) To develop and formalise procedures towards giving access to users to sensitive equipment such as BioAnalyser, Fragment Analyser SeqStudio, and digital PCR. To formalise experimental procedures, especially towards DNA extraction.
3. (Secondary) To mentor and train new users. To gather, pool and make accessible existing protocols.
4. (Secondary) To perform and document experimentations of general interest on samples provided by users. For example, contribute to pooling samples across the institution towards cost-efficient high-throughput amplicon sequencing.
- Excellent organisational skills, a strong ability for excellent user care and service, self-confidence, very good computer skills to ensure monitoring of supplies and user activity.
- Good theoretical knowledge of molecular biology, knowledge of laboratory equipment.
- Awareness of the legal and ethical frameworks, good knowledge of health and safety procedures.
- Ability to conduct experimentations in molecular biology.
- Flexibility, ability to prioritise, ability to seek support from experienced colleagues and learn good practices.
The Facility for Molecular Systematics is one of the largest technical platforms of the National Museum of Natural History and belongs to the "Unité Mixte de Service 2700 - Analyse et Acquisition de Données". The Facility is dedicated to molecular biology and sequencing techniques applied to the characterisation of biodiversity, as well as evolutionary and functional genomics. The wide variety of projects that it handles calls for an equally wide variety of techniques such as high-speed barcoding, metabarcoding and metagenomics, as well as techniques specific to degraded DNA and non-model organisms. The Facility has relocated into fully renovated premises in 2021; the applicant will participate, in synergy with the rest of the team, to restarting the activity.
Constraints and risks
Working hours as per the Facility's opening times.
We talk about it on Twitter!