Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMS2000-CYRMIC-007
Workplace : PARIS 06
Date of publication : Wednesday, June 17, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 4 months
Expected date of employment : 1 September 2020
Proportion of work : Part time
Remuneration : de 2728 € à 3881 € selon expérience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The report Vers la science ouverte ? La transition numérique et la recherche sur le Moyen-Orient et les mondes musulmans en France (January 2020), produced by GIS Moyen-Orient et mondes musulmans (GIS MOMM), highlighted strengths and flaws in the ways research In Middle Eastern and Islamic studies is handling Open Science. It has identified a need to offer better online exposure to French research in this field and to develop the online identification and accessibility of French resources on Maghreb.
The work will consist in providing editorial and drafting assistance to the creation of new pages on the website of GIS MOMM surveying research on the subregions of the MENA area, and in the coordination of a working group on French resources regarding colonial and postcolonial Maghreb, in view of producing finding aids and providing access to digital records when available.
The work will take place within the strategic activities of GIS MOMM, a federation of research teams specialising in the study of the Middle East and the Muslim World, and especially in the framework of the priorities supported by the Plan SHS 2020 of the Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation. The prime aim is to support the digital transition of non-Western area studies by creating tools and schemes to that end.
- editorial and drafting assistance to the creation of new pages on the website of GIS MOMM surveying research on the subregions of the MENA area
- coordination of a working group on French resources regarding colonial and postcolonial Maghreb, in view of producing finding aids and providing access to digital records when possible on the DEFTER platform.
- Drafting of a preliminary report for the creation of a repository specialising in resources on Maghreb.
- Phd in Maghrebian or Middle Eastern studies, in all disciplines of the Humanities and Social Sciences (history, art history and archaeology, political science, islamology, linguistics, literature, sociology, anthropology)
- Awareness of tools and environments of digital humanities and Open Science
- Good skills in academic communication.
- Ability to draft scientific reports.
- Ability to relate to a range of interlocutors
The junior scientist will have office space at the Campus-Condorcet in Paris, within the room allocated to GIS MOMM, a federative structure based within the joint unit IISMM, UMS 2000 of CNRS and EHESS and could also telework.
She or he will work in close connection with the direction of GIS MOMM (Eric Vallet, Elise Massicard, Mercedes Volait, Francesco Chiabotti), its administrative officer (Cyrielle Michineau) and its International relations Officer (Marielle Morin). She or he will liaise with the prefiguration cell of a consortium Huma-num in digital area studies, equally based within GIS-MOMM.
We talk about it on Twitter!