Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMS2000-CYRMIC-006
Workplace : AUBERVILLIERS
Date of publication : Monday, May 11, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 6 months
Expected date of employment : 1 July 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : monthly gross salary between 2728€ and 3145 € depending on experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
With the aim of assisting the digital transition of Middle Eastern and Islamic studies in France, the work consists in omplementing the pre-configuration of a Digital humanities consortium in area studies within the framework of the Huma-num Research Infrastructure.
Create and manage the consortium's pre-configuration: identify and mobilise willing participants, assess technological capacities and needs across the concerned teams, organise preparatory meeting, disseminate relevant information across the network.
Elaborate and implement a scheme of “Digital residences” allowing researchers possessing more or less structured data sets to work at their quantitative and qualitative treatment using computational methods and tools or organise their publication online.
Work at enhancing identification and on line access to French resources on colonial and post-colonial Maghreb.
The work will take place within the activities of GIS MOMM, a federation of research teams specialising in the study of the Middle East and the Muslim World.
Additional budget is available for secure video-conferencing, research and technical assistance and travel across France (and possibly Europe) when it will be allowed.
- Develop exchanges among scientists and teams willing to join the proposed consortium and contribute to its organisation; prepare the 4-year road map to be submitted as an application for a specialised Digital Humanities consortium in area studies.
- Prepare the content and disseminate a newsletter informing on developments in the field of digital humanities related to area studies (Middle East, Africa, Asia).
- Elaborate and implement a scheme for 3 “Digital residences” offered to researchers willing to explore structured data sets using computational methods and tools in Open formats.
- Coordinate a working group dedicated to the online cataloguing of French resources on colonial and post-colonial Maghreb.
- Phd on Maghrebian or Middle Eastern studies, in all disciplines of the Humanities and Social Sciences (history, art history and archaeology, political science, islamology, linguistics, literature, sociology, anthropology)
- Good awareness of the academic landscape of Middle Eastern studies and area studies in France
- Significant command of digital humanities in the context of Open S cience
-Good communications skills in French (drafting and publication of a dedicated newsletter)
- Ability to draft scientific reports.
- Ability to relate to a range of interlocutors
The scientist will have office space at the Campus-Condorcet in Paris, within the room allocated to GIS MOMM. She or he will work in close connection with the direction of GIS MOMM (Eric Vallet, Elise Massicard, Mercedes Volait) and its administrative officer (Cyrielle Michineau).She or he will closely monitor Huma-Num activities and participate to their scientific events and outreach activities
We talk about it on Twitter!