Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR9198-YVEGAU-002
Workplace : GIF SUR YVETTE
Date of publication : Thursday, October 10, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 36 months
Expected date of employment : 1 January 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Monthly gross salary between 2695€ to 3841€ depending on experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
The post-doctoral fellow will work on the viral factories. Our team has just demonstrated that they have characteristics of liquid organelles.
- Characterization of the sub-micrometric organization of viral factories.
- Characterization of the dynamics of their components
- Determination of cellular proteins and RNA associated with viral factories
- In vitro reconstitution of minimal systems recapitulating the properties of viral factories (i.e. their liquid characteristics)
- Molecular Biology (Cloning, site-directed mutagenesis, gene invalidation)
- Cell biology (Immunofluorescence, immunoprecipitation, transient gene expression, stable cell line establishment)
- Expression of recombinant proteins in heterologous systems
- Reconstituted minimal systems
The rhabdovirus team is working in the Department of Virology of the Institute of cellular integrative biology (I2BC). It is composed of 2 CNRS researchers, an associate professor and an assistant engineer.
The team has 3 main research themes:
1) Mechanisms of entry of rhabdoviruses into the host cell
2) Rabies virus and innate immunity
3) Viral factories formed during rabies virus infection
The post-doctoral trainee will also have to interact with teams of biophysicists who are partners in this project funded by the ANR.
Constraints and risks
Rabies virus should be handled in L2 containment level laboratories.
The postdoctoral fellow will be vaccinated against rabies virus.
We talk about it on Twitter!