Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR9198-PETMER-002
Workplace : GIF SUR YVETTE
Date of publication : Friday, September 11, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Technical / Administrative
Contract Period : 24 months
Expected date of employment : 1 January 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : between 2151€ and 2272€ monthly gross, according to past experience
Desired level of education : 5-year university degree
Experience required : Indifferent
In the frame of a ANR project, the Plant-Bacteria Interactions team (Microbiology Department of the Institute for Integrative Biology of the Cell (I2BC)) recruits a research technician (level IE; professional experience of 2 to 5 years in a similar position)to participate in a research project in the field of insect/bacteria symbiosis.
The tasks of the selected person will be to perform a screen of a collection of bacteria of the genus Burkholderia for their capacity to colonize the intestine of the insect Riptortus pedestris.
Furthermore, the technician will establish for selected strains genetic screens in order to identify bacterial functions involved in symbiosis with the insect.
These tasks require solid knowledge in microbiology, in molecular biology, in cell biology and biochemistry. In addition, competences in insect handling and knowledge in insect biology will be appreciated.
- Insect rearing
- Bacterial culture
- Construction of recombinant bacterial strains (creation of mutants and marked strains)
- Analysis of bacterial infection and colonization in insects by dissection and microscopy observation and flow cytometry analysis
- Genetic screen in bacteria with the Tn-seq method
- Bioinformatic analysis of high throughput sequencing data
- Monitoring the litterature related to the research topic
- Reporting on the research within the team and to the ANR consortium during annual meetings
- Solid general knowledge of molecular biology, microbiology and microbial genetics
- An outspoken preference for experimental work
- Work in autonomy and capacity for decision making
- Capacity of synthesis and reporting (oral and written)
- Proficient in French and English
The ANR project has started a year ago and materials for starting the research are available. The methodologies used in this project are all part of the knowhow in the team and facilities of the institute. The research will be supervised by a researcher of the team and will be performed in close association with two PhD students.
Constraints and risks
- Handling insects (inoffensive, phytophagous insects)
- Manipulation of DNA stains
- Work with computer screen
We talk about it on Twitter!