Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR9198-CHLGIR-002
Workplace : ORSAY
Date of publication : Friday, April 23, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Technical / Administrative
Contract Period : 24 months
Expected date of employment : 1 September 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : between €2,151 and €2,272 depending on seniority
Desired level of education : 5-year university degree
Experience required : Indifferent
The successful candidate will participate in the development of a project combining genetic and biochemical approaches within the Recombination and Meiotic Pairing (MRP) team of the Institute of Integrative Cell Biology (I2BC) (UMR9198 ). The project aims at characterizing the distribution profile across the genome of proteins involved in homologous recombination in Arabidopsis thaliana, via ChIP-Seq and / or Cut & Run approaches. The project also includes the establishment of a genetic screen, based on flow cytometry, aimed at identifying new players in meiotic recombination in Arabidopsis.
- Design and lead the realization of the project
- Finalization and development of protocols, in partnership with I2BC teams
- Train in ChIP-Seq and / or Cut & Run techniques with experts, possibly through training in other labs in Europe (United Kingdom and Germany; travel of several days / weeks)
- Process the data (analyze, interpret and validate the results)
- Disseminate and promote technological results and achievements
- Scientific rigor and autonomy
- Ability to work in a team and to participate in collective projects
- Good command of molecular biology and biochemistry techniques. The flow cytometry will be done in partnership with the I2BC platform.
- Knowledge of genetics
- Record and format results
- Present results in writing and orally
- Know how to work in English (potential international training)
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in the implantation of a new organism (Arabidopsis thaliana) in the laboratory and will work under the responsibility of a young researcher in collaboration with the members of the team, the staff of the technical platforms and international collaborators.
The candidate will work in the “MRP” group which is part of the genome biology department of the Institute for Integrative Cell Biology.
This position is funded by ANR POLYREC funding (2021-2024). The I2BC is a very large CNRS, CEA and Paris Sud University joint research unit located both on the Gif-sur-Yvette research campus and the Faculté d'Orsay campus. The laboratory is currently located in Orsay (building 400), a move to new premises in Gif is planned for 2022. The greenhouse installations are located in Gif.
Constraints and risks
Regular Mon-Fri business hours
Potential trips to Europe over several days (or even weeks) for training in techniques.
Work on two sites during the first 6 months: Orsay (laboratory) and Gif (greenhouses). Having a driver license and a car is a plus.
We talk about it on Twitter!