Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR9197-ALIGIN-013
Workplace : GIF SUR YVETTE
Date of publication : Monday, December 02, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 5 months
Expected date of employment : 1 February 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 2 695€ bruts mensuels
Desired level of education : 5-year university degree
Experience required : Indifferent
This project is funded by the French National Research Agency (ANR) under the ANR Horizontal V1 grant (coordinator Y. Frégnac) which aims at understanding the emergence of sensory predictions linking local shape attributes (orientation, contour) to global indices of movement (direction, speed, trajectory) at the earliest stage of cortical processing (primary visual cortex, i.e. V1). The cross-talk between physiological and theoretical approaches will be fostered by the close collaboration with the teams of Frédéric Chavane at INT and Yves Frégnac at ICN.
- Dense extracellular recordings in the anesthetized animal.
- Extraction and analysis of the recorded data.
- Candidates should have at least a PhD degree in the domain of sensory neuroscience, physics, engineering or related, and a solid training in analysis of extracellular data.
- The candidate has to show good skills in data analysis (programming skills, spike sorting…), and in image processing methods.
- The candidate needs to show a keen interest in neuroscience. It is a bonus if the candidate is curious about neuroscience and visual perception.
- The candidate has to fluently speak English to understand publications and to attend international conferences and workshops.
- The preferred candidate will have the ability to work autonomously, and needs to be flexible to comply with the working method of the supervisors.
The position will be located at the NeuroPSI Institute.
We talk about it on Twitter!