Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR9189-REMBAR-003
Workplace : VILLENEUVE D ASCQ
Date of publication : Friday, January 03, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Technical / Administrative
Contract Period : 24 months
Expected date of employment : 1 March 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 2612€ gross monthly salary (for indication only, for a person with 3 to 5 years prior experience (PhD years included).
Desired level of education : 5-year university degree
Experience required : Indifferent
The position is part of ERC project Blackjack
The two main missions are
* set up an international scientific computing competition dedicated to numerical integration, following what is being done in numerical optimization
* transfer software engineering skills to the researchers of the ERC project. This should help make computational research more efficient and reproducible. The way this second item can be implemented is largely to invent: coaching, software carpentry tutorials, technological surveys, etc. ``Better code for better research", in short.
It is also important for us that the recruited person thrives within the project, and participates to defining his/her other missions.
* lead the implementation of a large-scale competition in computational statistics
* give software engineering training to researchers
* participate in the development of research software
* research software engineering
* ability to communicate with and teach to fellow researchers
* mastery of recent tools that fit the reproducibility pipeline (subversioning, code platforms such as github, continuous integration).
* Good written and oral English.
* being open to learn some of the science behind our software! Keywords are "Monte Carlo simulation", "repulsive stochastic processes".
CRIStAL was born on January 1st, 2015. CRIStAL is one of the partner of the institute of interdisciplinary researches IRCICA-USR CNRS 3380 (www.ircica.univ-lille1.fr ).
The laboratory is composed of about 430 members (230 permanent employees and more than 200 non-permanent employees) among whom 28 permanent employees of the CNRS and 21 of Inria.
Main CRIStAL Research activities involve topics related to major scientific and social issues such as Big Data, software, image and its uses, human-computer interaction, robotics, control and supervision of large systems, intelligent vehicle systems, bio-informatics ... with applications in retail, technologies for health, smart grids.
Applications should be made using the job portal of CNRS. But should you need further information, feel free to contact directly Rémi Bardenet at email@example.com
We talk about it on Twitter!