Reference : UMR9015-IOAVAS-007
Workplace : ST AUBIN
Date of publication : Monday, June 20, 2022
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 September 2022
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 2038 euros net
Desired level of education : 5-year university degree
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The main task proposed in this contract is the development of an emotional speech interaction system with the Winky robot for educational tasks (e.g. second language learning) as part of the EduWinky project. The research engineer will participate in the data recording with MainBot, a member company of the project, supervise the annotation with emotional labels and model the interactions in order to integrate them into an automatic emotion detection system for language learning applications.
- Participation in the acquisition of an audio corpus
- Participation/supervision of the annotation of the audio corpus into emotional labels
- Extraction and modelling of acoustic/prosodic/linguistic features
- Creation of models for emotion detection
- Implementation of a system using automatic models for the detection of emotional/cognitive states and dialogic strategies during the language learning task
- Integration of this system into the global EduWinky application
- Evaluation with primary school children
- diploma from an engineering school issued by a national college or university,
- engineering degree from a state institute of higher education or similar institution
Expected knowledge: machine learning, NLP, Python programming, use of deep learning libraries, joint use and modelling of text and speech data, interest in cognitive sciences.
Ability to work in an interdisciplinary research team (engineering sciences, linguists)
The present research engineer contract is proposed within the framework of the EduWinky project involving an academic partner (Laboratoire Interdisciplinaire des Sciences du Numérique -LISN) and two industrial partners (Tralalere and MainBot). The project focuses on the development of an adaptive educational digital companion for children, which will accompany them in learning a foreign language. In this project LISN is involved in the acquisition, linguistic analysis and computer modelling of audio data consisting of interactions between children and the robot Winky during the language learning task. During this interaction the Winky robot uses nudging strategies to capture the attention of children.
The contract proposed in this offer will specifically address the automatic modelling of interactions in order to create a human-robot dialogical system for educational tasks.
Constraints and risks
We talk about it on Twitter!