Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR9002-BERROB-006
Workplace : MONTPELLIER
Date of publication : Sunday, December 01, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Technical / Administrative
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 4 February 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : about 25000€ before tax per year
Desired level of education : 5-year university degree
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The engineer will be involved in NGS data analysis, setting up workflow and scripts, and data management. He (she) will be part of a team which research is focused on chromosome biology during meiosis.
- Participate in development and maintenance of analysis workflows
- Participate to data analysis in NGS (parameters optimization, strategic choices, database and literature searches…)
- Participate in data management
- Data and tools accessibility and compatibility
- Interaction and exchange with team members
- Follow up of techniques and tools
Knowledge and expertise in bioinformatics, master level
- Expertise in NGS data analysis (ie ChIP-seq or RNA-seq)
- Knowledge in programming (bash, C/C++, Perl, Python, R)
- Expertise in networking and shared tools (Git, GitHub)
- Experience with cluster workflows
- High level in English for literature access and sharing with non-french speaking lab members, and data reports
- Knowledge in R for statistical analysis
Bernard de Massy's team is involved in research projects to understand the molecular mechanism and evolutionary implication of meiotic recombination in mice. Multiple experimental approaches are developed from genetics to molecular and cellular biology, biochemistry and genomics. Genomics involved ChipSeq and HiC with data analysis from the team as well as from other teams. A researcher in bioinformatics is supervising these analyses.
Constraints and risks
Work with computers
We talk about it on Twitter!