Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR8635-KARBRE-009
Workplace : VERSAILLES
Date of publication : Thursday, January 6, 2022
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 March 2022
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Gross salary will vary between 2 740 and 3 890 € / month depending on experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
PosDoc scientist's work will be a part of the project “Accelerating the demonstration of Gallium Oxide's outstanding potential for Energy application” (GOPOWER), funded by ANR.
Project objective is design and elaboration of p-type conducting epitaxial Ga2O3 epilayers and in-depth investigation of their electronic properties - required for their application in high power bi-polar Normally-OFF-devices.
Project consortium consist with 5 partners: GEMaC(coordinator); INL; INSP labs from France, ICN2, Spain and Swansea University,UK.
- Different type of experimental measurements for Ga2O3 thin films study: Electrical contacts (Ohmic/Schottky) preparation by lithography and characterization; C-V measurement; Hall effect measurements; EPR spectroscopy measurements for point defects identification; X-ray characterization; proton irradiation effect on electrical properties; Schottky diode, p-n junction structure processing/ characterization;
- Instrumental development: Photoconductivity measurement set up; upgrading Hall Effect set up;
- Data analysis/interpretation
- Very strong involvement in scientific communication: consortium meetings/conferences/publications
- Valorization of scientific results: patents (if any)/looking for industrial partnership
- Training/knowledge sharing with PhD and Master students
- Participation/initiation of different scientific proposal writing
- PhD in experimental physics related to materials
- Extremely good communication (scientific and with team members) skill
- French (highly appreciated) and English languages: oral and writing
- Deep knowledge of physics of wide band gap semiconductors: Electronic and optical properties; point defect identification; Power device simulation/ fabrication/characterization;
- Expertise in several of following experimental techniques and instrumentations: Electrical contacts deposition/characterization; Electrical transport measurements (I-V;C-V;Hall Effect); Photoconductivity; EPR characterization; X-ray diffraction; Radiation effects;
- C++ language and labwindows knowledge highly appreciated
- Hability to respect deadlines and strong willing to share results/knowledge
The activities of the Condensed Matter Study Group (GEMaC, http://www.gemac.uvsq.fr) are based on a common expertise in physics and material sciences in the fields of wide bandgap semiconductors, nanoscale optics, functional oxides and switchable molecular materials.
PosDoc scientist's main affiliation will be GEMaC laboratory in Versailles. He/She will work be under supervision of Ekaterine Chikoidze. He/She will have part of activity/experimental work to carry out in INSP laboratory, Paris under supervision of J. von Bardeleben. He/She will be in very tight relation with colleagues /teams working for the project and other foreign collaborators.
Constraints and risks
The planned work will be very intense, with deadlines and multitasks. Travels in France / abroad to be expected. Position subject, in particular, to electrical, magnetic and ionising radiation risks
We talk about it on Twitter!