Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR8578-JOASAN-001
Workplace : ORSAY
Date of publication : Monday, January 28, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 April 2019
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : between 2605 € and 3615 € gross monthly according to experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The contract researcher to be recruited will work at the LPGP, within the DIREBIO team, under the supervision of Joao Santos Sousa, in the PLASCANCER program of the French Plan Cancer. This project, a collaboration between three laboratories (LPGP, Gremi and VAT) and funded at almost 600k€ by INSERM, aims to study the chemical and biological effects of the application of cold plasmas on biological targets, and to implement a new anticancer therapy, plasma-electro-chemotherapy, resulting from the combination of plasma application, electrical impulses and chemotherapy.
– different sources of cold plasmas will be studied, in particular MCSD (micro-cathode sustained discharge) and plasma jets.
– three biological models of increasing complexity will be exposed to cold plasmas: giant unilamellar vesicles are a simple cell membrane model that allows a precise characterization of the chemical reactions of the phospholipids of the cell membrane; cells in vitro and then tumor tissue grafted onto mice in vivo will allow the study of permeabilization and cell death induced by cold plasmas.
- the contract researcher to be recruited will be responsible for:
– the application of the gaseous effluent of the MCSD plasmas to the different biological systems;
– the characterization of the gas phase (densities of O3, O2(a1Δ) produced by MCSD plasmas and plasma jets);
– the characterization of the liquid phase (concentrations of H2O2, HNO3/HNO2, OH, ..., pH, conductivity, redox potential, etc.) after treatment with MCSD plasmas and plasma jets.
- PhD in physics and chemistry of cold plasmas, obtained for less than three years, mainly experimentally oriented
- scientific professional experience in plasma medicine
- high expertise in diagnostics for the characterization of the gas and liquid phases
- good level of English, oral and written
The contract researcher to be recruited will work within the DIREBIO team at the LPGP, under the supervision of Joao Santos Sousa, and, in the framework of the PLASCANCER program of the French Plan Cancer, he will also work in close collaboration with researchers of other laboratories (Gremi at the University of Orleans and VAT at the Institut Gustave Roussy in Villejuif). Located in the premises of the University of Paris-Sud, the LPGP is the oldest university laboratory of plasma physics in France. The LPGP activities concern, on the one hand, the hot plasmas, with activities on inertial or magnetic thermonuclear fusion and on the laser-plasma interaction at very high intensity, and, on the other hand, the non-equilibrium low temperature plasmas. DIREBIO is a team of physicists and chemists working mainly on non-equilibrium electrical discharges (cold plasmas) at or near atmospheric pressure (0.1 - 10 bar) and their applications. The team develops new sources of cold plasmas (micro-discharges and plasma jets for biomedical applications, nanosecond diffuse corona discharges for depollution and combustion,...), and carries out its work in collaboration with researchers from other disciplines, in France and abroad. The team is also involved in the research theme "Plasmas for Biology and Medicine".
Constraints and risks
The contract researcher to be recruited could also develop part of his work at VAT (Villejuif) and Gremi (Orléans).
We talk about it on Twitter!