Reference : UMR8560-CHABIG-007
Nombre de Postes : 1
Workplace : AUBERVILLIERS
Date of publication : Monday, January 23, 2023
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 April 2023
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : between 2989 and 3321 € gross monthly salary, depending on experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
To carry out research within the ANR-funded collaborative project DESIGNSHS and to participate in outreach work related to the project (cf. https://laboratoire-graphique.fr/).
- to carry out historical research in relevant archives and libraries and using oral history methods to contribute to WP 2 of the collective project : graphic design, social science and digital humanities : history and legacy of the Graphics Laboratory
- to prepare and submit at least one research article to a peer-reviewed journal
- to contribute to the other WPs of the collective project, including the selection of archival materials for digitization (WP 1) and reflection concerning the project's online platform, especially regarding graphic information and digital innovation (WP 3.2)
- to participate in outreach activities related to the ANR project
- to have successfully defended a PhD thesis in social or human sciences
- to be familiar with the history of science, in particular the history of the social and human sciences
- to be familiar with the history of digital humanities or of the history of applying computing techniques to the social and human sciences
- to have an experience of historical research in archives
- to have a demonstrated ability to prepare and write academic publications in the social and human sciences/digital humanities in French and/or English
- to be able to collaborate within a collective, interdisciplinary and trans-professional project.
This position is offered as a part of the collective, ANR-funded project DESIGNSHS Design graphique et sciences sociales. Le laboratoire de graphique de Jacques Bertin. the person recruited will be supervised by the project coordinators, Charlotte Bigg and Anne-Lyse Renon, with the support of the other project partners (Archives nationales, Bibliothèque nationale de France, the units Géographie-Cités, ACTE as well as HEAD Geneva and the university of Hosei).
The person recruited will have access to office space and a computer at the Centre Alexandre Koyré (EHESS-CNRS-MNHN), an important research unit in the social and cultural history, sociology and anthropology of science and knowledge. He/she will integrate a dynamic team of over one hundred confirmed and junior researchers and teaching officers as well as PhD students in the field.
Constraints and risks
The position implies a substantial amount of research in archives, mainly the Archives nationales (Pierrefitte sur Seine) and the Bibliothèque nationale de France (Richelieu site).
We talk about it on Twitter!