Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR8531-REMMET-002
Workplace : CACHAN
Date of publication : Tuesday, February 11, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 9 months
Expected date of employment : 1 April 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : between 2150€ and 3100€ net income per month, depending on experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
In the framework of the ANR project "Switch-Phos", we are working on the development of new photoswitchable catalysts to modulate catalytic activity using a light stimulus. The recruited CDD researcher will be involved in the quantitative characterization of the photochromic properties of bimetallic complexes in order to determine optimal conditions for catalytic applications.
The activities proposed to the recruited CDD researcher will concern:
- characterization by steady-state and time-resolved UV-visible absorption spectroscopy to determine the spectral properties, isomerization efficiencies, fatigue resistance and thermal stability of molecular species obtained under light irradiation
- molecular modeling, to understand the mechanisms of photo-induced isomerizations, rationalize structure-property relationships, and propose ways to improve the structure of catalysts
- implementation of optimal irradiation conditions to evaluate the efficiency of photoswitchable catalysts in different reactions
The expected skills of the recruited CDD researcher are the following:
- practical skills in photophysics: steady-state and time-resolved UV-visible absorption spectroscopy in solution, determination of photophysical parameters (quantum yields, kinetic constants)
- expertise in NMR spectroscopy: monitoring of isomerization reactions and catalyzed reactions under light irradiation
- skills in molecular modeling: optimization of geometries, energy levels, absorption spectra (DFT and TD-DFT)
- knowledge of molecular and supramolecular chemistry: isomerizable systems, associations of molecular complexes
The recruited CDD researcher will work in the PPSM Laboratory (CNRS UMR 8531) located at ENS Paris-Saclay under the supervision of Pr Joanne Xie and Dr Rémi Métivier, and will join the ANR "Switch-Phos" consortium composed of the PPSM laboratory and ICSN. The PPSM laboratory, specialized in the synthesis and investigation of molecules and photoactive materials, has all the necessary equipment for spectroscopic and theoretical studies of photochromic compounds in solution: fully equipped laboratories for chemistry (NMR, HPLC, combiflash), instruments for steady-state and time-resolved spectroscopy under controlled light irradiation, free access to the ENS Paris-Saclay supercalculator equipped with quantum and numerical calculation softwares for the molecular and photokinetic modeling of photochromic molecules.
Constraints and risks
Risks associated to chemicals.
Risks related to the use of the NMR spectrometer (magnet).
Risks related to the use of intense light sources (mercury lamps, lasers).
We talk about it on Twitter!