Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR8520-FRELEF-014
Workplace : VILLENEUVE D ASCQ
Date of publication : Wednesday, December 19, 2018
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 February 2019
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : From 2555 to 2948 euros gross salary per month
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
This job is part of a collaboration between IEMN and an industrial leader in the area of Raman spectroscopy (Horiba France SAS – Villeneuve d'Ascq). The candidate, with a profile in theory and numerical simulation in electromagnetism/optics, will investigate, characterize and design local probes in the frequency range UV/visible/infrared (applications to AFM-TERS and SNOM-IR) and far-infrared/terahertz (applications to bidimensional materials).
- conceive theoretical and numerical models for the conception and optimization of AFM-TERS metal tips with nanometric lateral resolution, fabricated by nano-lithography.
- theoretical interpretations of experimental optical characterization of tips realized in clean room.
- theoretical characterization of existing probes (resonances properties, scattering diagrams, interpretation of experimental maps)
- conception of new probes based on innovative materials and designs (for example doped semi-conductors).
General activities :
- follow and communicate with the team on scientific communication and publications in relation with the previous topics
- write activity reports and synthetic presentations on methods employed and results obtained.
- Autonomy and ability to work in team
- knowledges in the domains of visible and terahertz photonics, plasmonics, enhanced Raman processes…
- very good skills in numerical simulations and mastery of at least one numerical method and software (Comsol, CST, Lumerical, FreeFem...)
- English: oral and written communication.
he successful candidate will work in the « Physics » and « Terahertz Photonics » groups, in IEMN. Contacts : Thierry Mélin, Jean-François Lampin, Gaëtan Lévêque
We talk about it on Twitter!