Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR8227-SOPLAB-025
Workplace : ROSCOFF
Date of publication : Wednesday, September 15, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 18 months
Expected date of employment : 2 November 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : between 2648 and 3938€ bruts/month depending of experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
The candidate will develop and apply various genetic approaches, including genotyping by sequencing and phenotyping for growth performances and biochemical composition, as part of a breeding program on the green seawed Ulva spp. crops to support sustainable aquaculture in land-based systems.
- Barcoding of Ulva spp. collected from the wild
- Genomic sequencing for association genetics approaches and the search for SNP-type genetic markers
- Phenotyping of strains, by measuring growth performance and biochemical composition
- Undertake and support research in metabolic orientation of selected strains
- Liaise with and distribute samples to project partners
- Promote the work of the project through conference and workshop presentations, and in peer-reviewed publications
- Assist project management team and interact with project partners
- Ensure that the project is carried out with reference to the appropriate health and safety guidelines and any other relevant CNRS policies (e.g., purchasing and procurement)
- Maintain confidentiality of Intellectual Property (IP) associated with the project
- Assist with the transfer of propagation methods with project partners as appropriate.
The applicant must have a doctoral degree and have demonstrated a research aptitude and autonomy. A good background in molecular biology and bioinformatics tools applied to genetic association studies is required. Specific experience with seaweed genetics and culture is essential. A strong grasp of English and a good team spirit are also essential
Within the Laboratory of Integrative Biology of Marine Models at Station Biologique de Roscoff, he / she will participate in research work as part of a collaborative research project with a company that aims to develop innovative seaweed cultivation techniques in land-based systems. In this context, the CNRS's mission is to develop strain selection protocols by genotyping and phenotyping on different species of algae (in particular Ulva spp., as well as strains of red algae). Its activities will take place in a shared framework with the Roscoff Marine Biological Resources Center (RAS Roscoff Aquarium Services team) for the conservation of genetic resources and algae cultures and in interactions with other researchers at Roscoff as well as the Plant Systems Biology laboratory at the National University of Ireland Galway. The candidate will benefit from broad local experience and technical support in seaweed cultivation, genetic analysis, genome analysis and seaweed ecology.
Constraints and risks
No specific risk or constraint
We talk about it on Twitter!