Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR8223-MARCOU-009
Workplace : PARIS 02
Date of publication : Friday, November 06, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 11 January 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 2 729 € gross monthly salary
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
IReMus announces a one-year postdoctoral full-time position starting from the first quarter of 2021 for the project Polifonia: a digital harmoniser for musical heritage knowledge (Horizon 2020 - DT-TRANSFORMATIONS-12-2018-2020).
The project focuses on the development, application and release of digital tools for: 1. encoding music from oral traditions, 2. studying large collections of notated music, 3. producing and sharing knowledge about musical objects and their links with their socio-cultural environment.
Our research institute is particularly involved in the case study Tonalities which focuses on the identification, analysis and modal-tonal classification of monodic and polyphonic music from the late Middle Ages to the 20th century.
IReMus is also in charge of the roadmap of WP 1, a project management program that facilitates development and registers resources and materials recovered, used and produced within the project, in the form of a web portal
• Enhance the dialogue between the different teams involved.
• Survey and collect the needs of internal and external users.
• Identify the objectives and challenges of the case studies planned in Polifonia and translate them into technical/scientific specifications.
• Analyse different collections related to the Tonalities case study led by IReMus.
• Excellent communication and organisational skills.
• Good knowledge of music analysis.
• Sensitivity to historical musicology and awareness of the challenges relating to cultural heritage preservation and dissemination.
• Sound knowledge in the field of digital humanities.
• Interest in epistemological issues, particularly those relating to the benefits of computer science and digital technologies on musical analysis.
• Excellent mastery of English and French
IReMus (UMR 8223) in conjunction with the team on site and all of the institutional partners of POLIFONIA.
We talk about it on Twitter!