Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR8214-BERUST-003
Workplace : ORSAY
Date of publication : Friday, March 13, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 May 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Gross monthly salary ranging from 2695.56 € to 3841.41 € upon experience
Desired level of education : 5-year university degree
Experience required : Indifferent
The post-doctoral researcher will be part of the team "Systèmes Moléculaires, Astrophysique et Environnement" of the Institute of Molecular Sciences of Orsay, France (ISMO). He / she will work within the framework of the HEROES project which aims to develop new ultra-high resolution spectrometers in the THz range and to use them for spectroscopy of astrophysically relevant molecules. The project receives funding from the French research agency ANR.
- Participation in THz heterodyne mixing experiments on the AILES THz beamline of the French SOLEIL synchrotron facility
- Acquisition of spectra of astrophysically relevant molecules using these new spectrometers
- Data analysis
- Writing articles, presenting results at conferences (national and international) and workshops
- Support for possible instrumental optimization
The candidate must have:
- a doctorate in physics or chemistry
- Strong skills in molecular physics (high resolution molecular spectroscopy) and instrumentation (THz optics, microwave electronics, lasers...)
Data processing and programming skills (Python, matlab, labview) would be appreciated.
The candidate will be a member of the SYSTEMAE team at ISMO and will have access to all the experimental devices available to perform high-resolution molecular spectroscopy of molecules in the gas phase. In addition, this position is open within the framework of the HEROES project, which is a very active collaboration between the IEMN, LPCA, ISMO and SOLEIL laboratories, which aims to exploit two unique spectrometers allowing to produce very high quality spectroscopic data.
Constraints and risks
No specific constrains
We talk about it on Twitter!