Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR8205-SEBBRI-001
Workplace : MARNE LA VALLEE
Date of publication : Tuesday, December 03, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 January 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 2695€ gross montly salary (might be greater depending on experience)
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
Numerical characterization of the porous network for a better quantification of petrophysical and acoustical properties and more accurate interpretation of geophysical inversion models for reservoirs in carbonate rocks.
Owing to the succession of diagenesis processes that they undergo, the microstructure of carbonate rocks is complex and heterogeneous. It is then difficult to produce a model of such materials that accounts for heterogeneity at all scales (microstructure to structure). Focusing on heterogeneity at the material scale, the goal of this project is to define a set of descriptors of the microstructure that would allow for an accurate prediction of some mechanical and acoustic properties (such as elastic moduli or wave celerity) through simplified (analytical or semi-analytical) models.
The first part of this project was already done by a former PhD student at Total R&D Carb, in collaboration with Laboratoire de Mécanique des Solides (École Polytechnique) and laboratoire Navier (École des Ponts). In that study, we were able to show that connectivity is a key parameter. The goal of this post-doc is to (1) introduce descriptors of the microstructure that quantify connectivity and (2) propose a mean-field/effective-field model that accounts for this (these) descriptor(s).
More precisely, the missions of the post-doctoral fellow will be:
- Pursue investigation of the role played by connectivity
- Define statistical descriptors of the microstructure that are meaningful for homogenization of mechanical properties
- Extend to acoustical properties when the wave-length is large wrt the typical size of the heterogeneities
- Transfer methodology to industrial partner. In particular, apply to various carbonate rocks
- Write scientific papers on various aspects of the work, in particular
- generation of thresholded Gaussian random fields
- quantification of the sensitivity of the macroscopic properties to second-order statistics
- mean field/effective field models that account for connectivity
- Classical research activities
- No management
- No experimental activities.
- PhD or equivalent
- Specialized in the homogenization theory of random materials
- In-depth knowledge of the ABAQUS FE software
- Experience in full-field simulations with FFT-based methods
Collaboration with Total R&D Carb, following a former PhD work entitled “A study on the effective elastic properties of materials with microstructure: 3D Printing, Experiments and Numerics”. The post-doctoral fellow will spend a significant part of his time at the Total R&D center (see below).
Constraints and risks
The candidate will spend half of his time at the Total R&D center, Pau, France.
We talk about it on Twitter!