Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR8190-ELESER-001
Workplace : PARIS 05
Date of publication : Tuesday, January 14, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 April 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Salary depends on the applicant work experience and ranges from 25.2 to 37.2 k€ net per year.
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
A postdoctoral position is available in LATMOS/ Sorbonne University under a supervising of Dr. Elena Seran. The successful applicant will participate in the analysis of the measurements carried in the Earth ionosphere onboard the CNES TARANIS micro-satellite with two instruments developed in LATMOS in cooperation with the CNES and NASA GSFC, i.e. the IME-BF electric field (DC-1MHz) instrument and the SI thermal plasma probe.
The main objective of the scientific project is
- to study (using data analysis and simulation) the impact of the tropospheric/stratospheric electrical discharges on the ionospheric plasma/waves parameters,
- to ensure the analysis of the instrument in-flight calibration and most adequate choice of the instrument parameters,
- to improve/approve the models used for the instruments data processing.
Minimum qualifications for the position include:
1. Ph.D. in Space Physics, strong computational skills
2. Experience in the wave propagation modeling or/and in plasma simulation or/and in the data processing.
1. Curiosity, creativity, capacity to work independently and to contribute to the team work
2. Good communication and writing skills (French, English)
3. Experience in C language is preferable
The position is available from the beginning of April 2020 for ~3-4 years and renewed in September 2020 and then each year.
To apply, please, write to email@example.com
Please, include CV, motivation letter, your publications, names/contact information of few references.
We talk about it on Twitter!