Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR8190-CAMVIA-001
Workplace : PARIS 05
Date of publication : Saturday, November 13, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 9 months
Expected date of employment : 1 January 2022
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 1573
Desired level of education : 5-year university degree
Experience required : Indifferent
On the one hand, you will have to participate in the deployment and ensure the proper functioning of the acquisition of the mini-DOAS measurements on the QUALAIR site (Paris) and on the site of the measurement campaign (Brittany). It will also be necessary to analyze the data of this campaign and to compare these observations with those resulting from the satellite instrument IASI.
o evaluate the different types of NH3 sounder in the atmosphere, an inter-comparison exercise of NH3 measurements was initiated by several French research centers (INRAE, LISA, LSCE, and LATMOS). This measurement campaign took place in September 2021 at the INRAE site in Grignon (78). Another campaign is planned in summer on a site in Brittany. These measurements will allow to apprehend the performances of the mini-DOAS instrument.
- General knowledge in atmospheric physics and chemistry, especially in remote sensing (radiative transfer and spectroscopy)
- Experience in instrumentation to carry out satellite validation exercises
- Competence in computer languages and tools (Unix, matlab, python)
- English (reading, speaking, writing)
- Ability to prioritize tasks and organize one's own activity and that of the department, taking into account constraints and deadlines
- Ability to interact in a team
- Ability to organize, plan, lead and coordinate the work of the team to ensure the team's missions and guarantee the continuity of the service
- Ability to analyze and work independently
- Dynamism and creativity
- Ability to work in a team
Ammonia (NH3) is a reactive gas whose emissions, mainly related to agriculture, have increased significantly since the industrial era. It is the most poorly known of the precursors of airborne particles that are particularly harmful to human health. Since January 2020, a state-of-the-art instrument for NH3 concentration measurements is installed in the QUALAIR platform (LATMOS) on the roof of Sorbonne University (Jussieu, Paris).
We talk about it on Twitter!