Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR8181-ANDKHO-001
Workplace : VILLENEUVE D ASCQ
Date of publication : Monday, May 06, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 18 months
Expected date of employment : 27 May 2019
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : about 3000-3050 euros gross monthly - desired experience < 2 years after thesis defense
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
As a part of a European project in collaboration with several European universities and industrial partners, the research work will focus on investigation of the mechanism, active sites and kinetics of carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide catalytic hydrogenation to olefins using the state of the art operando and insitu techniques, isotope labelling, transient and steady state kinetic experiments.
- will prepare metallic catalysts on oxide and carbon supports;
- will perform catalyst characterization using a combination of physicochemical methods (XRD, FTIR, TPR, XPS, and EXAFS);
- will conduct carbon dioxide and carbon dioxide hydrogenation in a high-pressure reactor;
- will perform carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide hydrogenation in in-situ and operando FTIR and EXAFS cells;
- will develop the product analysis using FTIR and mass spectrometry;
- will perform transient kinetic experiments with isotope labelled molecules;
- will perform quantitative analysis of kinetic data;
- will travel to attend project meetings and to perform short-term collaborative works in universities in Belgium and France;
- will present the results in English and write the corresponding activity reports, scientific publications related to its work.
PhD in catalysis and chemical engineering
Catalyst characterization using the state of the art in-situ and operando techniques
Experience with kinetics of catalytic reactions
Background in MS and GC analysis of hydrocarbons and oxygenates
Communication skills (oral, written, presentation)
Proficiency in English, French is optional.
The Catalysis and Solid Chemistry Unit (UCCS, UMR 8181 CNRS) consists of 105 researchers and research professors, 32 technical and administrative staff, and an average of 80 PhD students and 20 post-doctoral researchers. The unit has several sites in Lille and Lens areas.
The researcher will work on the site of Villeneuve d'Ascq in the University of Lille and Ecole Centrale de Lille. The scientific activities of the UCCS are relevant to three fields: heterogeneous catalysis and catalysis and molecular chemistry, solid chemistry. Within the “Heterogeneous Catalysis Division” and “Catalysis for Energy” group, the researcher will work under the joint responsibility of Dr Andrei Khodakov and Dr Mirella Virginie.
The catalysts will be prepared in the laboratories of the building C3 or at the Ecole Centrale de Lille. The FTIR spectroscopy catalysis part and the transient kinetic experiments with isotopic markers will be carried out in building C3. The work will be organized by campaigns in one or the other of the two buildings.
Within the framework of the European project, the candidate will participate in the progress meetings organized in Lille or in the other partner laboratories in Belgium during which he/she will present his/her results. If necessary, he/she will also participate in national or international congresses to present the results obtained.
Constraints and risks
The researcher will have to work with pressurized reactors. Other risks: exposure to chemicals, gases, stable isotopes and X-ray in the working environment (X-ray fluorescence, diffraction of X-rays).
European Cooperation Program Interreg V France-Wallonia-Vlaanderen
We talk about it on Twitter!