Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR8171-AISMBO-002
Workplace : AUBERVILLIERS
Date of publication : Thursday, April 01, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 18 months
Expected date of employment : 1 September 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : -starting at 2728 euros according to experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
Designing of an ethnographic research project among migrants from East Africa in the region of Paris and possibly other sites in France
Conducting observations and interviews in arrival sites (notably the La Chapelle neighborhood in Paris).
Restitution of the results and involvement in discussions over possible comparisons with members of the team working among migrants from other regions.
Contribution to theoretical reflections on arrival infrastructures
Reflection on how to engage with public and associative actors on field work sites.
Contribution to scientific animation on the topic of migrations at IMAF (seminar series, international workshop) with an expertise on East Africa
Participation in collective activities of the ReROOT project (see details below).
-- Design and realization of an ethnographic research project on the theme of the project (Arrival infrastructures)
- Design of a plan for engagement with public and associative actors in the field
- Restitutions and exchanges with other project members;
- Coorganisation of a monthly seminar series on migration at IMAF;
- Preparation of an international workshop end of 2022/beginning 2023;
- Contribution to mid-term project reports
- Expertise on East African country from which migrants arrive to Europe (Ethiopia, Sudan), including linguistic skills and knowledge of scientific networks
- Fieldwork experience in urban ethnography
- Knowledge of sociology/anthropology of migrants and/or urban studies
- Good linguistic skills in English and in French
The researcher will work at Campus Condorcet, Aubervilliers.
Within IMAF, s/he will exchange with the other project members and with specialists of his/her area within the centre.
On-site presence (region of Paris) is required.
Constraints and risks
Fieldwork conditions will be adapted to sanitary constraints.
The researcher will join the Parisian site of the project « Arrival infrastructures as sites of integration for recent newcomers (ReROOT), programme H2020-SC6-MIGRATION-2020 / MIGRATION-04-2020, Inclusive and innovative practices for the integration of recently arrived migrants in local communities. Involved in the program, s/he will be able to develop her/his own research project within the frame of this project.
We talk about it on Twitter!