Intitulé de l'offre : Postdoctoral fellowship in History (M/W) (H/F)
Référence : UMR8135-MAGSAN-002
Nombre de Postes : 1
Lieu de travail : VILLEJUIF
Date de publication : mercredi 8 mars 2023
Type de contrat : CDD Scientifique
Durée du contrat : 16 mois
Date d'embauche prévue : 2 mai 2023
Quotité de travail : Temps incomplet
Rémunération : between 2022.66€ and 2325.09€ gross monthly
Niveau d'études souhaité : Doctorat
Expérience souhaitée : 1 à 4 années
Section(s) CN : Spaces, territories and societies
Postdoctoral contract as a part of the OriKunda Project (ANR), which aims to revise the history of the Chikunda community (former slave-soldiers based in the Central Mozambican "prazos") from its genesis to the present day through its language, Chikunda. The project includes a historical component that will consist of listing, consulting and analysing all the historical archives located at the Lisbon Archives Centre that deal with some aspect of Chikunda history or culture. This archival consultation involves fieldwork in Lisbon, in close partnership with Eugénia Rodrigues and the History Centre of the University of Lisbon. A research visit to Maputo is also planned.
- To delve into the historical archives of Lisbon and Maputo and collect any document that deals with the Chikunda communities.
- Synthesise the documents, compare the information gathered, and propose a historical narrative.
- PhD. in history with an excellent academic record.
- Training in anthropology, cultural history, and issues related to migration and identity.
- Excellent knowledge of Portuguese colonial history in Africa.
- Good knowledge of Mozambican history and culture in general.
- Strong experience in consulting historical archives.
- Ability to publish in international peer-reviewed journals.
- Desire to engage in an interdisciplinary project with a strong linguistic component.
- Strong analytical skills and proven motivation to carry out independent work.
- Excellent command of Portuguese and English (spoken/written)
Contexte de travail
The postdoctoral researcher will have to settle in France, in the Paris region. He/she will be affiliated to the CNRS, the main research organisation in France. He/she will be assigned to the LLACAN laboratory, a dynamic community of researchers engaged in world-class research on African languages. LLACAN is ideally located in the southern suburbs of Paris (accessible by metro and other public transport). More information about the laboratory is available on the LLACAN - Language, Languages and Cultures of Africa website.
Contraintes et risques
Travel to Lisbon and Maputo