Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR8135-JEAZER-012
Workplace : VILLEJUIF
Date of publication : Wednesday, April 21, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 6 months
Expected date of employment : 1 August 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : About 2,730€ gross
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
The reasercher will be associated with the project “Discourse reporting in African storytelling” and is expected to carry out a variety of assigned tasks, as well as pursue their own research project related to the project
- analysis and anotation of existing data
- verification of data
- help in preparation of data for online publication as an interactive corpus
- keep on collecting and analysing data in a less described language, developping an anotated corpus of narrative texts or typologic study of phenomena linked to reported speech.
• ability and willingness to work in a team;
• fluent English (some knowledge of French is an asset);
• previous experience with analysis of linguistic data;
• familiarity with ELAN, Toolbox/Fieldworks, Praat and/or computational skills;
• background in field linguistics (preferred);
• not currently enrolled in a PhD program (with the exception of candidates for the postdoctoral position due to graduate before the starting date).
The researcher will be affiliated with LLACAN, a vibrant community of experts in African languages and linguistics. LLACAN is conveniently located in the southern suburbs of Paris (reachable by metro and other public transport).
The position is funded by a grant from the European Research Council (ERC) under the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme (grant agreement No 758232, PI Tatiana Nikitina).
We talk about it on Twitter!