Reference : UMR8120-AMACOR-003
Workplace : GIF SUR YVETTE
Date of publication : Monday, November 21, 2022
Type of Contract : FTC Technical / Administrative
Contract Period : 32 months
Expected date of employment : 3 April 2023
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 2661,06 à 3238,60 euros
Desired level of education : Higher than 5-year university degree
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The biologist engineer in data management will be responsible for analyzing genomic data (SNPs, transposable elements, complete genomes).
-comparative population genomics to understand the role of transposable elements in the domestication of fruit trees (almond, peach, apricot, apple and pear).
- assemble and gene annotatation of genomes;
- analyze structural variants in genomes;
-analyze selection signatures, infer demographic and differentiation parameters between populations of cultivated and wild fruit trees combining SNP and insertion polymorphism of transposons;
- great flexibility in the scientific orientation, for example assembly of pangenomes, according to the specific interests and skills of the recruited person.
- bioinformatics (python, shell, R, FAIR genomic data management, bioinformatics databases, calculation cluster access);
- writing scientific articles;
- Evolutionary biology, population genomics, comparative genomics, evolution of transposons;
- English language: B1 to B2 (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- Supervising techniques
The research engineer will work in the ECLECTIC group (“Ecological genomics of multi-species interactions”, http://moulon.inrae.fr/en/equipes/eclectic/), which combines various approaches ( laboratory experiments, field work, modelling, molecular biology, population genetics and genomics) to contribute to the understanding of the ecological and evolutionary mechanisms at the origin of the diversity of plants, and their associated symbionts (parasites, mutualists), and how they evolve and adapt to their environment. More specifically, the research engineer will work on the ANR JCJC project obtained by A. Cornille which focuses on the role of transposable elements in the domestication of fruit trees.
Constraints and risks
Add referees' contacts to your CV. Any application with a lower level of education cannot be accepted.
We talk about it on Twitter!