Reference : UMR8109-YANCLE-013
Nombre de Postes : 1
Workplace : MEUDON
Date of publication : Tuesday, January 17, 2023
Type of Contract : FTC Technical / Administrative
Contract Period : 36 months
Expected date of employment : 1 March 2023
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Between 2280€ et 2898€/month before tax, depending on experience
Desired level of education : 3-year university degree
Experience required : Indifferent
The engineer in experimental techniques will participate in the integration and testing activities of the SCAO of MICADO and will be responsible for the study, development, fine-tuning and operation of experimental devices.
For this position, the engineer will be responsible for managing the test benches, in order to ensure the integration and testing of sub-assemblies (mechanical, thermal, optical) of the SCAO of MICADO. She/he will also ensure the tests of the opto-mechanical subsystems, by the preparation of the test plans and their execution.
Main missions :
- Develop subsystem tests; define, develop, formalize test protocols
- Design adaptations and improvements of all or part of an experimental device
- Write technical specifications, design and manufacturing documents and user manuals associated with experimental devices
- Conduct experimental tests
- Carry out the processing and analysis of data with a view to their interpretation.
- Define and formalize preventive maintenance interventions and corrective maintenance interventions.
- Write the documentation associated with the tests (procedures, reports, etc.)
- Use online software tools for the management of project monitoring documentation (JIRA).
- Organize and manage relations with suppliers and manufacturers.
- Establish a calculation file, a diagram or a plan for a realization
- Train in the technique and use of experimental devices; advise users for their implementation in compliance with the standards of use.
- Study the risks, implement and enforce prevention and safety standards and rules.
- Coordinate interface relations, organize the exchange of information with specialists in the technical fields involved in the project
- Exercising a technological watch
- Participate in a professional network
- Manage the technical documentation associated with the project.
* Skills :
- General knowledge of experimental physics
- General knowledge of engineering sciences and techniques relevant to the field of intervention (mechanics, optics, electronics, command control, etc.).
- General knowledge of experimental devices and their conditions of use.
- The basic rules of hygiene and safety.
- The organization and operation of the lab.
- Job processes
- ENGLISH: level B2
* Operational skills:
- Anticipate functional and technical evolutions
- Translate a process or an action into a configuration of an experience
- Translate a request into technical specifications
- Plan an achievement and the associated supplies.
- Realize the measurement, acquisition and data processing systems
- Establish the technical bibliography
- Mastering communication and meeting facilitation techniques
- Master the techniques of written and oral presentation
- Use and/or develop software applications for controlling instrumentation and data acquisition (Python)
- Master the basic techniques of industrial design.
* Desired field of training: experimental physical sciences
* Desirable experience: R&D in an industry or in the academic field
The engineer will be integrated into the LESIA MICADO team. MICADO is the ELT 1st light imager, which will have its 1st light in 2028. LESIA is responsible for the MICADO 1st light adaptive optics (of the SCAO type). The SCAO includes a wavefront sensor, a calibration unit, a real-time computer and its instrument control command software. The project will complete its final design phase in early 2023 and will then begin its manufacturing, integration and testing (AIT) phase.
Functionally, the engineer will be integrated into the LESIA MESPAL service team. The MESPAL brings together three areas of laboratory activity that are closely linked: AIT/AIV activities, the ground test resources necessary for AIT activities and clean rooms:
- AIT/AIV: Assembly, Integration and Tests/Verification, both for “ground” and “space” instruments, as well as R&D activities.
- Test facilities: vacuum/thermal installations for space simulation, climatic chambers, optical test benches and solar instrumentation.
- Clean rooms: 9 clean rooms spread over 200m2, dust class ISO5 to ISO8.
Constraints and risks
We talk about it on Twitter!