Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR8006-ILIILI-005
Workplace : PARIS 13
Date of publication : Friday, October 8, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 6 months
Expected date of employment : 1 December 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 2730 to 3140 € gross per month
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
Bituminous formulations serve as binders in the construction of road pavements. Polymer additives confer good mechanical performance and good durability to these formulations. The self-organization and the crosslinking of the polymer in the bituminous formulation are at the origin of the improvement of the properties. The objective of the postdoctoral work will be the understanding of the crosslinking mechanisms of polymers in a new type of formulation developed by TotalEnergies Marketing Services, the industrial partner of the project. The reactivity of the polymers of interest will be studied in bitumen, by techniques ranging from rheology or microscopy to NMR, FTIR and GPC.
The proposed position follows a previous work that developed the experimental protocols for the following-up of the crosslinking reaction and the characterization of the final products (rheology, self-organization) and suggested possible improvements of the formulations. She/he will then be in charge of pursuit of this work in order to improve and deepen the understanding of the phenomenon and put in place the suggested leads. She/he will be in charge of the organization and the realization of the experimental work. She/he will regularly present the results of the project (orally and in writing) at the working meetings between the academic laboratory and the industrial team.
• Training in chemistry and physical chemistry of polymers and/or formulation of polymers.
• Knowledge of polymer materials, polymer synthesis, liquid formulations of polymers, colloidal systems, nanostructured polymers.
• Good knowledge of characterization techniques: FTIR, NMR, rheology, steric exclusion chromatography, microscopies (optical, electron, AFM).
• Organization, work planning, rigor, critical spirit, scientific curiosity.
• Facility for written and oral communication.
• Adaptability to work in a multidisciplinary environment including both academic and industrial scientists.
The work is part of a collaborative project between the Laboratory of Processes and Engineering in Mechanics and Materials (PIMM) of ENSAM and the TotalEnergies Marketing Services Company. The recruited person will work with a Senior Scientist and a CNRS Researcher at the PIMM (Polymers & Composites team) in close collaboration with the TotalEnergies Marketing Services' Solaize Research Center (CReS) engineers. He/she will spend about 50% of his/her time at CReS to carry out specific experiments on bituminous formulations.
We talk about it on Twitter!