Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR7649-MANUPA-002
Workplace : PALAISEAU
Date of publication : Friday, August 30, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 December 2019
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Between 2693 - 3105 euros gross salary per month
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The aim of this project is to better understand the non-equilibrium microstructure evolution during the additive manufacturing (AM) process, specifically during the thermal cycling in the heat-affected zone. It is particularly important to study this because (i) the material is subjected to thermal cycling for most of its building time and this must affect the non-equilibrium microstructure (for instance, through the evolution of the chemical and physical heterogeneities found in AM steel microstructures), and (ii) the non-equilibrium phenomena are directly responsible for the enhanced mechanical response of AM materials. For more details, contact us with you detailed CV.
1) Design and print AM samples using the Laser Metal Deposition (LMD) technique.
2) In-situ and ex-situ thermo-mechanical characterization in SEM.
3) In-situ thermal cycling experiments and ex-situ characterization in the TEM.
4) Publish articles in relevant journal and present at national/international conferences
5) Prepare an audio-visual clip at the end of the project to summarize the project motivation and important findings for (a) scientific audience, and (b) generic audience.
1) A motivated candidate that have demonstrated ability to work independently and think critically.
2) The candidate should have recently finished their PhD (diploma awarded after September 2016) or about to finish their PhD (before 1 September 2019) in Mechanical engineering or Materials Science engineering.
3) The candidate must be well trained in operating SEM and TEM and interpreting the obtained results. (This should be demonstrated via a good publishing record in relevant/reputed journals).
4) A priori research in the field of AM is not necessary but it will be considered as a plus.
5) Good communication skills in English are necessary, for publication and conference presentation purposes.
1-year post-doctorate through the “Coup de pouce 2019” (Kickstarter) funding scheme of the Fédération Francilienne de Mécanique (F2M), C.N.R.S. The post-doc will be based at the LMS, Ecole Polytechnique under the supervision of
Prof. Manas V. Upadhyay (LMS, CNRS UMR 7649, Ecole Polytechnique)
Dr. Eva Héripré (MSSMat, CNRS UMR 8579, CentraleSupélec).
We talk about it on Twitter!