Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR7644-CYRMAR-001
Workplace : PALAISEAU
Date of publication : Thursday, November 28, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 October 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : gross salary of about 2700€ per month
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
The post-doctoral fellow will join the QCD teams in CPHT (Palaiseau) and LPT (Orsay).
The research topic will be high-energy QCD at hadron colliders. He/she will work in the
context of the European project “STRONG-2020” (financed under the Horizon2020 programme),
under the supervision of C. Marquet, S. Munier (CPHT) and S. Wallon (LPT).
As part of the project, the fellow will be hired for a second year at the Institute of Nuclear Physics in Cracow.
- Calculation of new observables to be measured in the forward region in experiments at the LHC and EIC.
- Study the limit of small transfer of transverse momentum, in the framework of high-energy QCD. Prove or disprove TMD factorization for the processes under consideration.
- Study TMD factorization at next-to-leading order.
- Strong background in theory and phenomenology of QCD at the LHC.
- Knowledge of small-x physics: BFKL resummation, transverse-momentum-dependent factorization,
non-linear evolution equation of parton distributions.
- Good knowledge of numerical methods, of Mathematica and of the C++ programming language.
Basic knowledge of linux.
- The successful candidate must have been obtained a PhD prior to the start of the position.
Laboratories of theoretical physics, with expertise covering a large spectrum: hep-ph, hep-th, nucl-th, phys-math.
Member of IPP (Institut Polytechnique de Paris). Proximity to Paris-Saclay University.
We talk about it on Twitter!