Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR7590-SLAJON-003
Workplace : PARIS 05
Date of publication : Friday, February 07, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 18 months
Expected date of employment : 1 April 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Between 2695 et 3841€ gross monthly salary, according to experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
The postdoctoral researcher will work on the conception and implementation of algorithms for cryo-electron microscopy image analysis in the context of studying continuous conformational changes of biomolecular complexes [1-3]. The candidate must have C++ and Python programming experience. Fortran programming experience is not required but will be greatly appreciated. Also, the candidate must have a solid theoretical background in image processing and a practical experience in this domain. Moreover, the candidate should have a particular interest in interdisciplinary work.
 Harastani M, Sorzano COS, Jonic S (2020) Hybrid Electron Microscopy Normal Mode Analysis with Scipion. Protein Science 29:223-236. https://doi.org/10.1002/pro.3772
 Jonic S (2017) Computational methods for analyzing conformational variability of macromolecular complexes from cryo-electron microscopy images. Current Opinion in Structural Biology 43: 114-121. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbi.2016.12.011
 Jin Q, Sorzano COS, de la Rosa-Trevin JM, Bilbao-Castro JR, Nunez-Ramirez R, Llorca O, Tama F, Jonic S (2014) Iterative Elastic 3D-to-2D Alignment Method Using Normal Modes for Studying Structural Dynamics of Large Macromolecular Complexes. Structure 22:496-506. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.str.2014.01.004
- Conceive algorithms and implement them (programming in C++, Python, and Fortran)
- Conceive experiments with synthetic data to test new methods
- Use new methods to analyze experimental data provided by collaborators
- Write scientific articles
- Participate to scientific conferences and meetings with internal and external collaborators (physical and remote meetings)
- PhD degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Physics, etc.
- Solid theoretical background in image processing and a practical experience in this domain
- Programming experience in C++ and Python
- Programming experience in Fortran is not mandatory but will be greatly appreciated
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Interest in interdisciplinary work
- Interest in development of image analysis methods for structural biology
This work will be performed at the Institut de minéralogie, de physique des matériaux et de cosmochimie (IMPMC-UMR 7590, Sorbonne Université, 75005 Paris). The IMPMC is a joint research unit of the CNRS, the Sorbonne Université, and the Muséum National d'Histoire Naturelle, counting around 200 members. It is a highly pluridisciplinary laboratory, composed of researchers, researchers-teachers, and engineers with different backgrounds (physics, Earth science, biology, chemistry, computer science, etc.). Various experimental and theoretical research topics are studied at the IMPMC, such as elucidation of the structure of materials and macromolecular assemblies, investigation of their dynamic properties, study of interactions between the living world and the mineral world, etc.
Constraints and risks
18 months, with possibility of extension.
We talk about it on Twitter!