Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR7590-MICCAS-003
Workplace : PARIS 05
Date of publication : Wednesday, October 13, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 18 months
Expected date of employment : 15 November 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : between 2728 and 3800 euros gross monthly depending on experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
We plan to apply stochastic electronic structure methods for studying correlated quantum materials from first principles. A particular focus will be given to the development of a framework where both electrons and ions are treated as quantum particles, which is of particular interest for hydrogen-rich materials and superconducting hydrides at high pressure.
- electronic simulations by quantum Monte Carlo (QMC)
- development of wave function based methods for the description of two-component electron-ion quantum systems
- very good knowledge of condensed matter theory
- experience in high performance computing
- knowledge of programming languages
- proficiency in scientific English
The recruited postdoc will work in the quantum theory of materials (TQM) group at IMPMC, Sorbonne University, a hub of the new European center of excellence for exascale computing TREX (Targeting Real Chemical Accuracy at the Exascale with Stochastic Quantum Monte Carlo methods). TQM is a young and dynamic team, located in a multidisciplinary laboratory, in the campus of the prestigious Sorbonne University.
We talk about it on Twitter!