Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR7504-CATBON-017
Workplace : STRASBOURG
Date of publication : Monday, January 13, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 March 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : From 2643,22 € monthly gross salary (depending on the experience)
Desired level of education : 5-year university degree
Experience required : Indifferent
We are seeking a motivated young scientist to work with us on a topic at the frontier between material science and nano-photonics as a post-doctoral fellow for a starting period of 12 months with possible extension. This project aims at investigating complex polarization textures in ferroelectric materials with a particular focus on domain walls. The investigation of these nanoscopic systems will be carried out through electrical and optical measurements. The selected candidate will be in charge of the measurements as well as the evaluation and interpretation of the results based on numerical simulations.
- Investigation of the ferroelectric properties and domain patterns;
- Operando nonlinear optical microscopy under different external stimuli;
- Numerical modelling of the domain structure and the corresponding optical response.
- PhD in physics, material science, nano-science or equivalent.
- Previous experience in the study of ferroelectric materials.
- Experience in nonlinear optics.
- Experience in confocal microscopy.
- Basic knowledge of the physics of propagation and focusing of optical fields.
- Basic programming skills in Python, Matlab, or LabVIEW.
- Excellent communications skills in English.
This project will take place at the Institut de Physique et Chimie des Matériaux de Strasbourg (IPCMS) which is an academic research institute affiliated to the University of Strasbourg and the French National Scientific Research Center (CNRS). The host institute is at the forefront of international research in the areas of nanomaterials and nanoscience. It relies on experimental methods allowing the design and characterization of functional nanomaterials, as well as theoretical studies and multiscale simulations. The IPCMS is active on the international scene through a range of institutional contacts with international partners. This postdoctoral research position is funded by the French national research agency in the framework of an international collaborative project.
Applications should contain a CV, a list of publications, and a cover letter emphasizing the candidate's qualifications in the context of this application.
We talk about it on Twitter!