Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR7504-CATBON-012
Workplace : STRASBOURG
Date of publication : Monday, August 05, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 24 months
Expected date of employment : 1 November 2019
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 2643,22 € monthly gross salary
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
The candidate (M/F) will design, synthesize and study the optical and magnetic properties of lanthanide (III) supramolecular complexes and structures for their applications in quantum information technologies.
The experimental work of synthesis will require a good knowledge in heterocyclic chemistry as well as in coordination chemistry of lanthanides and in supramolecular chemistry. A good understanding of molecular magnetism and luminescence will also be needed to study the properties of synthesized complexes.
Co-lead the synthesis, the characterization and the studies of the optical and magnetic properties of enantiomerically pure complexes of lanthanides;
- Co-manage the synthesis, characterization and study of the optical and magnetic properties of enantiomerically pure supramolecular edifices based on lanthanides;
- Choose synthesis techniques and appropriate purification solutions, develop procedures and procedures ;
- Determine, coordinate or implement the necessary characterization techniques of the prepared products (NMR, IR, UV / vis, SQUID, ...);
- Validate the data and interpret the results;
- Disseminate and promote its results in the form of technical reports, publications, oral presentations;
- Update knowledge through bibliography and active participation in meetings) and professional networks;
- Train and inform about the risks of the techniques and products used. Enforce the security rules.
General, theoretical or disciplinary knowledge:
- have strong knowledge of supramolecular chemistry and coordination (synthesis of supramolecular complexes and edifices based on lanthanides)
- have a thorough knowledge in the synthesis of heterocyclic compounds (synthesis of poly-nitrogenated ligands)
- good knowledge in molecular magnetism and luminescence are desired.
Knowledge of the working environment:
- to master scientific and technical English, to be able to communicate in writing and speak in an international environment (level C2).
- be methodical, careful and rigorous for the effective handling of complex scientific equipment.
Know how to make operational:
- to master the various techniques of NMR, ESI-MS, MALDI, UV / modern screws,
- how to write scientific manuscripts in English,
- know how to show a good relationship.
The work is part of our investigations to create a quantum computer based on molecules.
We talk about it on Twitter!