Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR7372-DAVGRE-001
Workplace : VILLIERS EN BOIS
Date of publication : Friday, October 1, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 13 months
Expected date of employment : 1 December 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Monthly salary (net, before income tax): 2000-3000€, depending on experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
At the Centre d'Etudes Biologiques de Chizé (CEBC UMR7372; CNRS/La Rochelle University, Villiers-en-Bois), the researcher's main objective will be to model the energetic landscapes of marine megafauna in the Mediterranean
Within the framework of the EU programme ECOSCOPE (https://ecoscopium.eu/), the person recruited will:
- Synthesise all available knowledge on the distribution of marine megafauna in the Mediterranean
- Model the energetic landscapes of these organisms in the context of global changes and of their conservation
- Synthesise information relating to the analysis of exploited fish stocks in the Bay of Biscay, in order to parameterise ECOPATH-type ecosystem models.
The person will also be in charge of interfacing with ECOSCOPE partners, and of reporting to EU funders.
- PhD in ecology/modelling
- Proven experience in data mining and international networking
- Proven experience in processing large datasets in a spatial context
- Proven experience in statistical modelling in an ecological context
- Good knowledge of oceanography, especially biological
- Knowledge of marine megafauna and the physiology of these organisms
- Excellent communication skills and ability to write scientific publications
- Ability to work towards deadlines
- Extensive knowledge of analysis, modelling and mapping tools
- Autonomy, interest in scientific research and teamwork
The person recruited will join the CEBC's Marine Predators team: https://www.cebc.cnrs.fr/
He/she will be based at CEBC, 79360 Villiers-en-Bois, and will work under the direction of David Grémillet https://davidgremillet.com/
Initial contrat duration: 13 months. Potentially extendable
We talk about it on Twitter!