Reference : UMR7370-CLABLI-006
Workplace : NICE
Date of publication : Friday, November 18, 2022
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 35 months
Expected date of employment : 1 February 2023
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 2833.40€ to 4003,61€ monthly gross depending on experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The research activities of the team focus on the interactions between immune and non-immune cells of the bone marrow. This project is part of the European project "IMMOSCAN" which focuses on the immune role of osteoclasts in bone tumors and metastases.
The post-doc will participate in the characterization of the phenotype and immune function of osteoclasts in the context of primary bone tumors and bone metastases. The project is based on a combination of preclinical models, patient cohorts and in vitro analyses. It will be carried out in close collaboration with the different European partners of the project.
- Cell culture: primary culture of osteoclasts and monocytic cells, as well as other bone marrow cells
- flow cytometry, including multispectral, cell sorting
- Animal experimentation
- transcriptomic analysis, including RNAseq and scRNAseq
- writing of projects and articles
- supervision of students
- expert in osteoimmunology and/or monocyte cell immunology and/or osteoclast biology
- expert in cell biology
- excellent knowledge in molecular biology (RNAseq)
- excellent skills in animal experimentation
- general knowledge in multiparametric analysis
- fluent scientific English
- design and perform experiments
- plan and set up a scientific study
- organize one's work on a daily basis
- keep up to date with the scientific literature
- present results at meetings and conferences
- write a project, a report and a scientific article, good synthesis skills
- ability to work independently
- ability to work in a team, excellent team spirit
- creativity and scientific curiosity
- good organizational skills
- ability to take responsibility as a project manager
- managerial skills (supervision of students)
The team "Osteoimmunology, Niche and Inflammation" of the Laboratory of Molecular PhysioMedicine, Nice, France, is part of the CNRS, the main research organization in France, and of the Université Côte d'Azur, which has been awarded the "Université d'Excellence" label. The laboratory is located at the Faculty of Medicine in the heart of Nice, in the beautiful region of the French Riviera. It offers a high quality scientific environment with access to all required core platforms and interaction with clinicians.
Constraints and risks
Isolated work possible.
The work will be done in close collaboration with our European partners in Munich, L'Aquila, Nantes and Odense. The person recruited will be required to spend time with these partners.
This project is part of the European ERA_Net TRANSCAN3 project entitled IMMOSCAN
We talk about it on Twitter!