En poursuivant votre navigation sur ce site, vous acceptez le dépôt de cookies dans votre navigateur. (En savoir plus)
Portail > Offres > Offre UMR7346-ANNPOR-069 - Chercheur en cosmologie (H/F)

researcher in cosmology (M/F)

This offer is available in the following languages:
Français - Anglais

Date Limite Candidature : jeudi 3 février 2022

Assurez-vous que votre profil candidat soit correctement renseigné avant de postuler. Les informations de votre profil complètent celles associées à chaque candidature. Afin d’augmenter votre visibilité sur notre Portail Emploi et ainsi permettre aux recruteurs de consulter votre profil candidat, vous avez la possibilité de déposer votre CV dans notre CVThèque en un clic !

Faites connaître cette offre !

General information

Reference : UMR7346-ANNPOR-069
Workplace : MARSEILLE 09
Date of publication : Thursday, January 13, 2022
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 36 months
Expected date of employment : 1 October 2022
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : remuneration between 2743 and 3161 euros gross per month
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years

Missions

The successful candidate will join the ZTF-IN2P3 group at CPPM to work on the Zwicky Transient Facility (ZTF) data and develop cosmological analyses with the supernova probe

Activities

The successful candidate will be expected to devote ~30% of his/her time to the overall ZTF group effort to help construct SN light curves and extract distances. The remaining 70% will be available for cosmological analyses.

Skills

A Ph.D. in astrophysics, astroparticles or high energy physics is required. The candidate will have to master the basic methods of observational cosmology. The practice of observational data analysis and computer programming skills are essential.

Work Context

The Observational Cosmology group at CPPM is currently affiliated with large photometric and spectroscopic survey projects (ZTF, Rubin/LSST, DESI, Euclid). The successful candidate will join the CPPM ZTF group to develop the analysis with supernovas and will also be able to participate and exchange with the other projects, in particular Rubin/LSST.

Additional Information

Entry-level candidate or less than two years experience.

We talk about it on Twitter!