Intitulé de l'offre : -Researcher in biomechanics M/F: Experimental study of microcapsules under hydrodynamic stress (H/F)
Référence : UMR7338-CATLAC-010
Nombre de Postes : 1
Lieu de travail : COMPIEGNE
Date de publication : mercredi 22 février 2023
Type de contrat : CDD Scientifique
Durée du contrat : 12 mois
Date d'embauche prévue : 1 juin 2023
Quotité de travail : Temps complet
Rémunération : gross salary between 2833 et 3833 €/month
Niveau d'études souhaité : Doctorat
Expérience souhaitée : 1 à 4 années
Section(s) CN : Fluid and reactive environments: transport, transfer, transformation processes
The objective is to contribute to the development and deployment of the experimental platform dedicated to the study of the behavior of deformable capsules under flow and to the identification of their mechanical resistance. The capsules will be prepared by cross-linking droplets having a diameter from a few microns to a few tens of microns. The goal will be to characterize the capsule elastic, bending and rupture properties and to determine their influence on the capsule behavior (including breakup, whether it is due to excess loading or fatigue) when subjected to hydrodynamic stress.
- Produce microfluidic systems
- Produce microcapsules
- Develop experimental protocols to study microcapsules using microfluidics, microrheometry and microcompression
- Co-supervise the work of interns
- We are looking for highly motivated, dynamic and rigorous candidates, who will be fully involved in the project and eager to work on a research topic at the interface between scientific disciplines.
- Technical skills: Strong experience in microfluidic experimentations and rheology, strong knowledge in fluid/solid mechanics and, if possible, in bioengineering/biophysics.
- Other skills: Project management, proficiency in English, very good writing skills, ability to adapt and anticipate, team spirit
Contexte de travail
- The recruitment is within the context of the MultiphysMicroCaps ERC Consolidator Grant, that explores the use of deformable liquid-core capsules of micrometric size to efficiently transport active material, with a primary focus on health-related applications. The project is focused on the design of innovative sophisticated numerical models and high-tech experiments, needed to determine the potential of such vectors to protect active substances and control their delivery, and to optimize their properties for specific industrial and biomedical applications.
- The postdoctoral fellow will be part of the “Biological Fluid-Structure Interactions” research team (about 20 people) of BMBI Laboratory (Biomechanics & Bioengineering). It is specialized in the study of hemodynamics, from the microcirculation to large vessels scales, focusing on therapeutic applications. It combines advanced numerical and experimental approaches, which enables to translate theoretical results into practical applications, such as the mechanical characterization of microcapsules.
- The postdoctoral fellow will be supervised by Anne-Virginie Salsac (CNRS Director of Research - web site: http://www.utc.fr/~salsacan/) and by Rachid Jellali (Research Engineer)
Contraintes et risques
Applications must be submitted online to be taken into account (transmission by email is still welcome on the side). They must include a cover letter, a complete CV, PhD thesis / defense reports, and at least one letter of recommendation and / or contact details of colleagues for references.