Reference : UMR7332-CATLEV-028
Nombre de Postes : 1
Workplace : MARSEILLE 09
Date of publication : Monday, January 23, 2023
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 3 months
Expected date of employment : 1 March 2023
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Between 2889.00€ et 3321.00 € bruts mensuels.
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The researcher will theoretically study the robustness of self-organized, anisotropic deformation of biological tissues during development.
- stability analysis of continuum models for biological tissues, including mechanics, polarity dynamics, and scalar field dynamics
- implementation of continuum model simulations and comparison between numerical and analytical results
- presentation of the results at international conferences
- writing of articles for peer-reviewed journals
- experience in studying anisotropic deformation of biological tissues using active matter continuum models
- experience in numerical solutions of Stokes dynamics of active fluids
- knowledge and strong interest in the biology of morphogenesis
- scientific writing
The work will be carried out in the group of Matthias Merkel at the Center for Theoretical Physics (CPT) at Aix-Marseille University. The CPT is located on the Luminy campus in the south of Marseille. The Merkel group is also associated with the Alan Turing Center for Living Systems (CENTURI, http://centuri-livingsystems.org/, https://centuri-livingsystems.org/m-merkel/), an interdisciplinary research hub in Marseille that brings together physicists, biologists, engineers, and mathematicians. The project will include collaborations with the groups of Pierre-François Lenne and Thomas Lecuit (both at the Marseille Developmental Biology Institute, IBDM).
We talk about it on Twitter!