Intitulé de l'offre : 12-months postdoctoral position in optical metrology for the atmospheric applications M/F (H/F)
Référence : UMR7331-MELGHY-001
Nombre de Postes : 1
Lieu de travail : REIMS
Date de publication : mardi 13 février 2024
Type de contrat : CDD Scientifique
Durée du contrat : 12 mois
Date d'embauche prévue : 6 mars 2024
Quotité de travail : Temps complet
Rémunération : Gross salary : 2907.76€ adjustable upon experience
Niveau d'études souhaité : Niveau 8 - (Doctorat)
Expérience souhaitée : Indifférent
Section(s) CN : Interactions, particles, nuclei, from laboratory to cosmos
The candidate will be involved in two projects, dedicated to the detection of atmospheric water vapour and HO2.
The HYGROMATMO project is a national project, funded by CNES (Centre National d'Etudes Spatiales). The host group is involved since the 90's in the development of tunable diode laser instruments (Pico-SDLA) for in situ monitoring of greenhouse gases in the Earth's atmosphere. In this frame, our team is involved and leads european and international initiatives around balloon-borne sensing of the atmosphere (e.g. AQUAVIT-4, HEMERA). In the frame of this contract, the candidate will, together with his/her supervisor, proceed to the processing and analysis of water vapor, methane and carbon dioxide measurements of Pico-SDLA during recent balloon campaign. The candidate will also participate in the calibration effort of the newly-developed Pico-Light instrument to be scheduled in 2023 and 2024 in collaboration with the DT-INSU and the metrological institutes LNE-CNAM and LNE-CETIAT, national references in thermometry and humidity.
On the other side, the ICAR HO2 projet (An Innovative Compact instrument for AtmospheRic HO2 monitoring) is funded by the Agence nationale de la Recherche (ANR). ICAR HO2 proposes to develop an innovative scientific instrument for an absolute, direct measurement of HO2 concentration in the atmosphere, as a first step toward an absolute and direct detection of OH radical (concentration 1-2 order of magnitude lower than HO2). The development of such instrument is expected to have tremendous scientific impact on the understanding of atmospheric chemistry and benefit from supports from Princeton University, NIST (National institute of Standards and technology, USA) and Jülich Forschungszentrum. The optical cavity design is achieved. The candidate's role will be to move one step forward in implementing the frequency-stabilization of the optical cavity, performing the characterization of the experiment, collaborating with the LPCA team in Dunkerque in order to combine the optical cavity to Faraday Rotation sheme. If the contract is extended, the candidate will potentially participate to the calibration and intercomparison campaigns in the CHARME and SAPHIR (EuroChamp) chambers.
• A PhD in physics, spectroscopy, atmospheric sciences, chemistry with a strong background on atmospheric radicals and instrumental development.
• Excellent programming skills (Labview, Matlab, ...) and scientific tools (Origin,...)
• Experience in Cavity Ring Down Spectroscopy
• An ability to work independently and to effectively communicate their research to colleagues and the scientific community more broadly.
• Strongly motivated and willingness to integrate the project team
• Willingness to travel nationally and internationally
Contexte de travail
The HYGROMATMO project is a national project, funded by CNES and the ICAR HO2 project is funded by the Agence nationale de la Recherche (ANR).
Our group is seeking a 12-months (possibly 24 months) postdoctoral scientist or research engineer.
The candidate will :
• Be involved in the development of an high finesse optical cavity dedicated to the detection of atmospheric HO2 (ICAR HO2 project : ANR-20-CE04-0003). The candidate will potentially participate to the comparison campaigns in the CHARME and SAPHIR chambers.
• In the frame of the HYGROMATMO project (funded by CNES), contribute to the analysis of in-situ measurements of tunable diode laser instruments in the frame of multiple field intercomparison campaigns (AQUAVIT-4, AsA2022, HEMERA 1, etc...)
Le poste se situe dans un secteur relevant de la protection du potentiel scientifique et technique (PPST), et nécessite donc, conformément à la réglementation, que votre arrivée soit autorisée par l'autorité compétente du MESR.
Contraintes et risques
Domestic and international travel for meetings, field campaigns should be expected.
This work requires knowledge in the usage of Class 3B lasers and manipulation of compressed gas.