Intitulé de l'offre : M/W - RESEARCHER in fire plume modeling in the stratosphere at LPC2E ORLEANS (H/F)
Référence : UMR7328-ISALAN-031
Nombre de Postes : 1
Lieu de travail :
Date de publication : mardi 21 novembre 2023
Type de contrat : CDD Scientifique
Durée du contrat : 12 mois
Date d'embauche prévue : 1 février 2024
Quotité de travail : Temps complet
Rémunération : 2900 € to 3330 € GROSS PER MONTH ACCORDING TO EXPERIENCE
Niveau d'études souhaité : Niveau 8 - (Doctorat)
Expérience souhaitée : Indifférent
Section(s) CN : Earth System: superficial envelopes
The CNRS LPC2E on the ORLEANS campus, in collaboration with BRGM, is looking for a postdoctoral researcher for 1 year, renewable, as part of the JUNON project.
He/she will contribute to the modelling of chronic or accidental soil and groundwater pollution, as well as to their remediation. This modelling work will be used to develop digital twins of the multi-scale experiments conducted as part of the PRIME platform, which aims to reproduce the impact of pollutants on the environment (water, soil, air) and the associated decontamination techniques under controlled conditions and at different scales. The post-doctoral student's work will enable the building blocks to be constructed to power the digital twin prototypes of the Beauce plain.
- Analysing experimental data acquired during multi-scale experiments (sub-metric, metric, multi-metric) carried out in the PRIME platform's experimental facilities
- Develop numerical models describing the mechanisms of transport and fate of pollutants in unsaturated/saturated media, as well as depollution processes (e.g. injection of non-Newtonian fluids).
- Designing a methodological approach to identify the differences in evolution between the real site and the experimental devices, making it possible to estimate the biases of change of scale.
- Integrate the modelling results into the digital twins prototypes of the Beauce plain to realistically reproduce the behaviour of pollutants in the event of chronic or accidental pollution.
- PhD in geosciences, hydrology, environmental modelling or related field
- Experience in numerical modelling, preferably in the field of soil and groundwater pollution and/or pollutant migration
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good scientific communication skills including reacting to scientific reports and papers
Contexte de travail
The position will be based on the CNRS campus at the LPC2E and BRGM. The candidate will join a dynamic and multidisciplinary research team working on the JUNON project. He/she will benefit from a stimulating work environment and state-of-the-art resources, such as the PRIME platform, to carry out research activities.