Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR7327-MARROU0-006
Workplace : ORLEANS
Date of publication : Monday, March 23, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 May 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : between 2617 and 3017 € gross monthly depending on experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
This position will start from the feedback and work already available in the scientific community concerning training on the properties of the subsoil and the fields of its exploitation by integrating cooperative learning systems. This work will involve various actors of academic research (ie, University of Grenoble Alpes), research institutes (CNRS-INSU, BRGM) and industrialists in a critical analysis of the information and education material currently available concerning the sub -sol and the sectors of its exploitation. This analysis will be done in connection with other work in progress on representations and attitudes, engaging communication, and learning devices.
Finally, a catalog of simple experiences and models making it possible to inform and educate on the subsoil, its properties and the different sectors of its exploitation will be established, from existing methodologies and augmented thanks to new ideas. Particular attention will be paid to popular science communication on the subsoil, its spatiality and its properties, to make representations of different objects more objective and thus create a common base of knowledge, a necessary condition for dialogue.
The postdoc sought will interact with the ISTO project manager, the other team members as well as the GEFISS project partners by carrying out the following activities:
- Critical analysis of the information and education material currently available concerning the basement and the sectors of its exploitation. The articulation with the issue of climate change will also be examined
- Communication of popular science on the subsoil, on its spatiality and its properties
- Development of an adapted form of informative and educational material for the various stakeholders (citizen, residents' associations, environmental associations, state agencies, politicians, etc.)
- Ensure the credibility of sources (international, national organizations, professional associations, documents and interventions by experts, manufacturers, NGOs, etc.),
- Propose a desirable timeframe for information and communication actions
- Develop a catalog of simple experiences and models to inform and educate on the subsoil, its properties and the different sectors of its exploitation
- Carry out an inventory of information / communication / education tools on the subsoil and its characteristics / properties, the sectors of its exploitation (geothermal energy, CO2 storage, energy storage, the operations required for the exploitation of resources (seismic exploration, drilling, well completion, injection operations, etc.) and the risks / issues / impacts
- Carrying out a critical analysis of these tools will require the involvement of LaRac (University of Grenoble) in order to verify the adequacy of the content to the target and the accessibility, credibility of the content
- Identify gaps with proposals for improving tools and new supports (new teaching methods, models giving experience of objects & contribution of virtual reality and "serious game" in connection with CLLE (University of Toulouse)
- Proven knowledge of communication techniques and good teaching and learning pedagogy
- Strong skills on using computer and digital tools for the development of educational materials
- A good scientific culture on the ground and the subsoil as well as the different energies and geo-resources is a plus
- Solid knowledge in Earth Sciences with an ATER past and wish to position oneself on positions of Lecturer is a plus.
- Writing scientific papers for the promotion of results
- English language level: B1 to B2
The postdoc will work at ISTO in the GEFISS project (from GEODENERGIES) on popularizing science (principles, methods, tools, issues, etc.) of technologies allowing the use and exploitation of the geological subsoil to accelerate the energy transition. The main objective of this position is to help with information and education issues related to the subsoil, its resources and the technologies to exploit them. It is aimed to exploit the results of different research actions and scientific knowledge in order to offer innovative educational tools and methods (particularly based on digital technologies) and to make more objective the representations that the public has of underground and technologies aimed at exploiting its resources and / or using its energy capacities (storage, etc.). These recommendations will be based, among other things, on the theoretical and practical work of popular science with 2 development pillars: i) the subsoil, its scales, its nature & ii) the resources of the subsoil, its use and their places in the energy transition.
We talk about it on Twitter!